eight.

Noelle C

Noelle C. Tai B. Diamond W. Jamir T.

     "I can't believe I'm getting married!" Tai yelled while flashing her expensive engagement ring. It was the perfect size for her since she wasn't a flashy type of woman anyway.

     White and teal balloons were scattered around the ballroom along with white linen tablecloths and teal accents that graced each circular table. It hadn't been four months that Ray had proposed and Tai was already throwing an engagement party.

     "How long do I have to listen to this bitch go on and on about her getting married? Damn bitch, we know." Jamir spoke while holding a glass of champagne.

     "Relax. She's in love." Noelle shook her head at him as a smile crept on her face. She was happy for Tai. Even though she knew Tai and Ray were gonna get married after college anyway.

     "Somebody better get Raven's bougie ass before I thump her!" Diamond rolled her eyes as hard as she could.

     "What did she say now?" Noelle felt like the peacemaker of the group. Well, whenever Tai wasn't around. Diamond never liked Raven. In fact, none of them liked Raven. They only tolerated her because she was Tai's sister. Raven always thought she was better than them. She never failed to mention that she's an Alpha Kappa Alpha, graduated at the top of her class, and had jobs like Vogue and Louis Vuitton begging her to join their team. She went with Louis Vuitton of course.

     "So happy to see you Diamond. Still no ring? How sad." She mocked before rolling her eyes again. "Damn I hate that bitch. Anywho, have you talked to Benji today?"

"No. I haven't talked to him since last week. Why? Is everything okay?" Noelle had been blowing up his phone with text messages and phone calls only to receive nothing in return. So she stopped because she knew he wanted to spend some time with his grandfather.

     "His grandpa passed away last night. Ava posted something on Instagram."

     "Damn. I'm gonna try and call him later." Just hearing that his grandfather passed away made her sad and she didn't even know him. She's glad Benji was able to spend time with him before he passed away. Hearing that sad news made her grab another drink from the open bar.

     "Another glass of Peach Moscato please." She asked politely while sitting her now empty glass on the bar countertop. She thought about her Nana and how she'd go crazy if something happened to her.