Chapter 1 Before

10 years ago

The tall figure with midnight hair and piercing red eyes sat cross legged in the sand. He looked to be about 15 or 16 years and rather serious at the moment although his absent gaze sparkled with a hint of humor and mischief. He seemed deep in thought as well as rather depressed as he stared absently into the distance, his gaze completely blank.

"Zaki! Zaki!" Said a voice from behind him. He looked around to see a small girl who looked to be maybe 3 or 4 years old at the max. Her dark hair, reaching well past her waist and nearly to her knees was covered completely in sand as she gave him a toothy grin. ( as toothy as you get with two front teeth missing at least ) Her black and red, short skirt that shifted between the colours when she moved hung loosely to about Her knees and the red strapped shirt stopped a little ways above Her stomach ( if you could call it that, she was extremely skinny ). Her large, pretty, Orange Red eyes shone like stars as she giggled.

" He fell into a hole again! " She laughed as she pointed at a boy, covered from head to toe in sand who looked about her age.

" No fair! She pushed me in! " He yelled, scowling as he shook off some of the sand.

His tousled, bright red hair fell into his eyes and his annoyed frown morphed into a smile as she tackled him, laughing.

He was dressed in a black shirt with red stripes and a shorts that ended a little ways above his knee. His emerald green eyes were friendly and happy yet filled with mischief as he laughed and the bulky white watch on his small wrist constantly looked like it was going to slip loose and turn upside down.

The boy she called Zaki chuckled as his absent state and sad frown morphed into a slight smile.

" Why Can't I just can't be in a bad mood around you? " He chuckled as he patted the now equally covered in sand girl's head.

She gave another toothy grin.

" It's a talent! " She yelled at him. Every word she said seemed to be a yell.

" C'mon Nino! " She called to the red haired boy

" I said don't call me that! " He yelled back at her, tackling her again as they fell , laughing into the sand.

The boy smiled as he took something out of a large black backpack.

There were three backpacks there. One was small, bright pink with black stripes, one was identical in green and the last was in the center that was plain black and about twice the size of the other two.

In his hand he held a clear glass vial and in the other was what he called a ' glorified rice cooker ' that he had been working on for about a year now. It was almost finished, probably mere hours away from completion. It was unique, special and he knew that She would need it later in the future . It was a necessity for her existence.

2 Years Later

" I don't suggest this. It is unnecessary and overly cruel. " Said the boy as he held another males wrist, restraining the sword .

" He attempted to kill us all, nearly succeeded and yet still you refrain? " Said the second male as he brushed his black bangs from his face and looked at the still figure of a pale, tall boy that lay on the ground and a small female child who cowered in the corner of the destroyed house.

" You will hurt his family. " He pleaded although no emotion was in his voice as she pointed to the small girl, watching them fearfully and with her eyes begging them not to kill him. Her heart was hammering against her chest as she watched them pleadingly.