2 : the theater

The birds are singing happily on the flowery branches of the summer trees. The sun is high and warm, making its way through people's hearts. Cherry blossom petals are graciously surfing on the wind and finishing their run on the rocky heads. The talks are loud and enthusiastic. The hearts are heavy and light as a mass heads in one direction : the cinema room of the university.

One man stands alone , in the shadow of a pink tree. His gaze runs on the many faces, searching for some recognition. For some people he succeeds, but as the river keeps flowing he realises his school has never been so crowded.

« Jimin, I came back ! And look who I've found. » says the voice of Jungkook.

As Jimin turns around, he discovers two bright smiling faces staring back at him. Affection creeps in and warms his heart.

« Oh Jin-hyung ! How are you doing ? » finally says the nervous man.

« I am stressed out but hopefully fine. I'm glad Jungkook found me though, I was looking for you two and lost the others in the process. » he replays with a soft laugh sounding a bit like a sigh.

« Yes and I can't wait to see your play hyung ! I hope we will see it today. » Jungkook enthusiastically burts out.

« How come you are hyuing him so voluntarilly when you never do it to me ? » replays the tired voice of Jimin, talking as someone who knows better. The youngest simply laughs at that, sounding like the lightness of a leave floating on the river.

« There are less people now, shall we go ? I think my friends from drama might be inside already. Hopefully they would've saved us some seats. » Jin cuts in.

Observing around, the men saw that indeed the mass had reduced and less people were entering the building.

« Sure, we better go before they can't let us in anymore. » Jimin agrees while his roommate nods.

               Leaving the pink summer trees and the warm sun behind, they enter a dark and long corridor. Some muffled voices can be heared from the closed doors at the end of the passage. Following the sounds, they open it, revealing an enormous theater-like room. Standing next to the back row, they have a view of the whole place. People keep turning back excitedly, talking to their friends, finding seats, laughing. And indeed, there are seats everywhere, the room being almost a half-circle. Some balcons being above their heads as well. Plus, Jimin is aware there are three more rooms like this one.

But the screen. Equalling the room in size stands a black screen.

« Please take a seat, the show you have all been waiting for will begin in a few minutes. Thank you. » a voice-off interrupts.

« Alright, I spotted them, follow me ! » Jin finally says while the other two just recover from their observative trans. The three men then walk through alleys and seats to join their friends.

« Jin-hyung ! Come on guys we were waiting for you ! » exclaims loudly a cheerful man.

« Felix, let them breath. » interrupts another man seated next to the first one.

« It's okay Chan, sorry for being late guys. I couldn't find the boys but we all got in in the end ! » Jin answers with a bright smile.

« Aw you call them « the boys », how cute ! »

« Yeah I think it suits them just fine, I'm glad you agree Lalisa. »

The two roommates look at each other when hearing the exchange.

« No comment » finally says Jimin.

Jungkook opens the mouth to add something when the whole room goes black. He then closes it back and searches for a comfortable position to seat in, now facing the screen. The place becomes silent, all waiting, patient and scared. The sound of a microphone echoes through the room, loud and clear in the heavy silence of the students.

« Welcome all, welcome for this 8th Seoul Uni Art Show ! Just like the previous years, this representation will display videos of the different artistic majors existing in our great school and more specifically the best work of our dear students. The videos will appear in the order of the major. Now a word from our headmaster, M. Lee. » the voice-off explains

The screen finally enlightens the faces of the people present in the room, a vision of the said director, smiling, appears.

« Good morning everyone ! I want to thank you all for your hard work even though everything can't be shown during these three days of display. Therefore keep working with passion and always do your best ! We hope you will enjoy this year's representations. Finally and to close my speech, we have a quite special work for you that will be displayed at the end of those days. Thank you all once again and enjoy yourself. This is all. »

And with that, the screen becomes black again. However, the room isn't silent anymore as everyone wonders what this « quite special work » can be. Yet, the waiting is not long and the light comes back once again as numbers appear. Voices from all over the theater raise, couting with the screen.

« 3 ! »

The heart of Jimin starts beating faster. Finally. He waited too many years for his dream to happen and here he is.

« 2 ! »

He will finally be displayed, along with his friends from the various majors.

« We may see your crush today. If not today, tomorrow. I'm sure his work will be shown anyway and composition major always comes in the first ones. » whispers Jungkook in his friend's ear.

« 1 ! »

He will be able to see Min Yoongi, his crush from his very first day at school, majoring in composition. The crush he is only able to see this close and intimately on the days of the Seoul Uni Art Show.

« Start ! »

The whole room screams and Jimin's heart screams louder. 

05.02.18

Please tell me what you think of it, it's nice to have some feedbacks (positive or negative are fine). Have a nice day! xx