Chapter XIV: Everybody

Dawn's POV:

Nothing interesting happened then in 1997. Me and Nick were still forced to be friends, I still keep working with the Backstreet Boys, Nick continued to have issues with his family and Raven and Brian kept dating.

Today's New Year's Eve. Me and Raven are gonna spend it with the boys.

Nick: ''We're gonna have fun tonight.'' Nick smiles at me.

Me: ''You can bet on that N.'' I smile back at him.

We hug eachother and then Nick whispers.

Nick: ''Thank you.'' And smiles at me.

Me: ''For what?'' I smile back.

Nick: ''For everything you've done for me in the last two years.''

Me: ''That was my pleasure.'' I smile at him again.

Nick: ''You know you helped me a lot right? You helped me becoming a better person than I was.'' He didn't hesitate to kiss my cheek.

Me: ''I helped you, because I promised that I would always be by your side.''

Nick: ''Oh yeah, I totally forgot that you never break a promise.'' He smirks at me.

Me: ''You're damn right.'' We laugh afterwards.

I let my smile vanish as I think for a moment about something. Nick stares at me concered and confused as he rubs my arm.

Nick: ''What's wrong?''

I snap out of my thoughts.

Me: ''Nothing. I've been just wondering, if you would do the same think for me.''

Nick: ''Of course I would babe. What a question.''

He says in a soft and calm voice before wrapping his arms around my waist. I lay my head on his shoulder while Nick rubs my hear. We stay there for a long while before Nick speaks up.

Nick: ''Come on. Let's get ready for tonight.'' He smiles at me.

Me: ''Ok.'' I smile back at him.

After a few hours the sun was already going down and me, Raven and the boys were ready to spend our New Year together.

Brian: ''Dawn! Raven! You ready? 'Cause I was planning on going out tonight, not next year.''

Raven: ''Damn. Calm down babe. We're here ready ok?''

Brian bites his lips as he sees Raven and a grin appears on his face.

Brian: ''And you look damn fine babe.'' Brian says before kissing my sister.

Me and the other boys roll our eyes.

AJ: ''Yeah yeah guys. Come on you can make out afterwards.''

Says AJ as he drags them both out of the hotel, with me, Nick, Howie and Kevin leading the way.

Howie: ''So. Where's this party at Kev?''

Kevin: ''Oh. The guys from the New Kids organized it and Jordan said that we're invited.''

AJ smirks.

AJ: ''A New Year's with the New Kids? This is gonna be fun.''

Nick smirks back at AJ.

Nick: ''Oh you can bet on that AJ. You can bet.''

I stare at them with a confused look.

Me: ''Why? What's so special with their parties?''