Chapter XIII: Quit playin' games with my heart

Nick's POV:

So, we have a concert today. And Me and the boys are getting ready since this morning for the concert, so is Dawn. Little that I know, Dawn was right behind me and approached me.

Dawn: ''Hi N.''

Me: ''Oh hey Dawn.''

Dawn smiles at me.

Dawn: ''Are you ready for today's concert?''

Me: ''Y-yeah. I-I'm just kind of nervous.''

Dawn looks at me with a confused glance.

Dawn: ''Why? I mean you performed live so many times before.''

I shake my head and smile at her.

Me: ''I'm always a little nervous when there's a concert. Especially when you're around, you know I want to look good.''

Dawn hits me at the back of my head.

Me: ''Ow. What was that for?''

Dawn rolls her eyes and chuckles at me.

Dawn: ''Are you even listening to yourself?''

Me: ''Yeah. Why?''

Dawn: ''Why? ''I want to look good'', like seriously? You always look good Nick. And I'm not saying that just because you're my best friend.''

I can't do nothing else than smile at her in this very moment. She's the only one who can always put a smile on me, she always gives me strength whenever I'm down, or whenever I doubt myself.

Me: ''Oh god. How did I manage to live 16 years without you?''

We both laugh.

Dawn: ''I don't know.''

Me: ''Give me a hug.''

We both come closer and hug eachother as tight as we can.

Me: ''I love you.''

Dawn: ''I love you too N.''

We get broke off when Kevin calls us in the locker room.

Kevin: ''So, everything's clear for tonight?''

AJ rolls his eyes.

AJ: ''Yes dad.''

Kevin glares at AJ.

AJ: ''Fine. I'm sorry.''

Kevin shakes his head and keeps on talking.

Kevin: ''Everyone knows what he has to do and everyone knows which songs we're gonna perform tonight.''

Everyone nods.

Kevin: ''Dawn. You know what you have to do right?''

Dawn chuckles.

Dawn: ''Yes Kev. Calm down, that's not the first time I'm performing with you.''

Kevin: ''I know, Dawn. I know, just wanted to make sure everything's clear.''

Dawn: ''Don't worry Kev. It can't be much different from all the other times.''

We then have other three hours to check the sound and our equipment before performing. I'll admit I'm kind of nervous.

But the nervousness suddendly, disappears when I look at Dawn, smiling at me. I smile her back and the show begins. We performed any song possible with Dawn, the fans were just nuts, they were yelling and screaming like there was no tomorrow. 

But the moment where the crowd went nuts the most was after that we've performed our last song and at the end of the song I hugged Dawn. There were so many fans screaming in excitement and many fans who were screaming in jealousy.