꧁ sixteen

Exam week went so fast and by the time the whole school knew it, they were down to their last paper. For Nara and her classmates, it was Biology. Her favourite subject, and the most important one. She had to make sure she gets an A+ or else she would kiss the scholarship goodbye.

She almost stopped breathing as she was so engrossed in answering the questions and she hadn't realise she was running out of time. She had 15 minutes left and she had two questions left. She was feel anxious for some reasons and so she pushed the thought away so she could complete it.

"Time's up! I'm collecting your papers now."

The teacher announced, and Nara immediately wrote down her last sentence as fast as she could. She was just in time when the teacher was already standing next to her. She passed the paper to him and flashed the sweetest smile. She felt happy, finally. She was done with school, she only needed to wait for the results.

The whole class was ready to cheer as their final year was coming to an end, they only had graduation left. However, the teacher's presence stopped them. Unfortunately, as the last bell rang everyone sprang from their seats, exclaiming their happiness. Nara couldn't hold back the smile from her face as well, she gave Jinyoung a high five as he was her deskmate anyway.

Nara then packed her things as most of the students had already left the classroom. She knew she was going to be one of the students to leave the last. She caught glance of Sunmi waving at her outside the classroom, however as she was about to wave back she noticed that Sunmi had her eyes on someone else.

She followed her friend's eyes and it landed on none other than Seungmin. Did I miss something? Nara thought to herself. She watched as Seungmin walked out of class and greeted Sunmi, both of them then walked away. Nara had her mouth hanging, her friend just ditched her for someone who was totally not her taste.

She blinked her eyes a few time before resuming to pack her things. After she was done, she was about to stand when a hand slammed itself on her desk. Surprised, she looked up and met eyes with Felix. She was puzzled, she was quite sure Felix would be one of the first people to leave the classroom. Nara looked around, only the two of them left. This can't be good.

"Can you believe both of our friends are dating?" Felix asked, Nara was shocked this time. "What?" She questioned, to make sure she didn't mishear. "Well, Seungmin asked Sunmi to the dance and she said yes, they're basically dating." Felix answered, his eyes followed Nara as she stand.

"Turns out she was his secret admirer from before." Felix added. "Oh, what?" Nara almost laughed at his words, she can't believe Sunmi had been hiding this from her for a long time. She chuckled thinking how Sunmi would panic if Nara caught her and Seungmin at the dance, except she was not going.

They didn't know what happened, but the two of them turned to walk together outside the school compound. Sure, by now the heat from the rumours had cooled down but still some eyes followed them. Nara had learn to ignore it already. She and Felix walked in silence, they hadn't been talking for almost a month now.

"So, who's your partner?" Felix asked, trying to sound as casual as possible. "I'm not going to the dance." Nara answered blankly. She would be lying if she said she felt nothing, when in actual fact she felt nervous around him. She expected Felix to add something petty to annoy her but he didn't, he was quiet. Nara glanced down at his hand, which was so close next to hers. He had removed the bandage already, it was healing. She felt glad.

Nara couldn't shake off the strange feelings she kept having around him. The emotions stretched throughout her whole body, it was unfamiliar. She felt warm but she kept telling herself it was the weather although she knew it was a lie. That was one of the reasons why she wanted to avoid Felix the most, the feelings was bothering her a lot.

"Come with me." Felix said out of the blue and pulled her hand to the other direction. "Felix, the gate is that way—" Nara stopped her sentence midway and decided to follow him. She kind of missed him annoying her but she was too stubborn to admit it.

After a short sprint, he finally stopped in the middle of the school's field. Nara was yet again puzzled, they were alone, what was the motive? She thought he was going to ask her to join him to do something stupid since it was the last day of school. It was Lee Felix they were talking after all, he always had weird plans in mind.

He suddenly let go of her hand, and moved backwards. Nara stared at him confusedly, the school's gym was behind him. Out of a sudden, Felix had the brightest smile on his face. Nara was even more confused, he was acting strange and she wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not.

"Don't run away or scream at me okay?" Felix started and Nara was still not getting where he was going. "Well, I might sound stupid but I always do to you anyway." He chuckled, Nara followed the smile as well. "I've been contemplating a lot instead of studying, and I hoped this would work out well." He started, she played with her fingers without realising she was nervous.

Nara somehow anticipated on what he was about to say but another part of her refused to listen. "You'd probably think of me as just an annoying brat who would never stop bothering you ever since we met in 7th Grade, but it would be cool if we could actually not fight for once." His voice became softer towards the end. He was growing nervous by then.

"Since I promised not to bother you anymore if you beat me for finals, and I guess this might be my last chance to actually bother you, or should I say see you. I thought I would want to make it memorable."

"What are you saying?" Nara asked, she couldn't help but to chuckle. Felix looked silly at the moment, he was making no sense and Nara wasn't understanding where he was getting. Out of nowhere, a bouquet of flowers dropped from the balcony from above Felix and he caught it. Nara looked up and caught Hyunjin and Jisung smiling down at her while waving their hands.

She waved back but they kept on pointing down at Felix. She was startled by them and then brought her eyes back to Felix who was approaching her. She suddenly felt so small, like she felt in the principal's room when she met his parents. However, she wasn't feeling helpless, she was full of happiness for some reasons.

"I know I'm very late, and by very I mean totally, but," he laughed and Nara followed after, her eyes still on him. He stopped right in front of her and held out the flowers to her. At the moment, she cursed her heart to calm down but it wouldn't.

"Would you go to prom with me?"

As if her prayers were answered her heart almost stopped beating. She hadn't realise she was holding in her breath. She stared at Felix in awe, was this real? She can't believe her ears nor her eyes. Her rival was asking her to be his prom date. The rumours which made the school went haywire was becoming a reality. Not that they were dating or anything.

And it was totally okay for friends to go together to prom, but what were they actually? She had never acknowledged him as a friend, he was just a rival? She questioned it a lot somehow, she felt secured around him but the feelings were just complicated for her to interpret it. And now he's here, staring at her with the softest expression, the sweetest smile on his face. For the first time ever, she felt happiness again.

"Yes," Nara answered short, she smiled widely and took the flowers from him. Felix's smile grew wider and he slipped on the corsage around her wrist. However, he didn't let go of her hand. He held on to it as he looked down on her, right in the eyes. Again, her heart was on a rollercoaster ride. She never recalled these feelings around him before.

"I don't have anything to wear." Nara tried to joke, although it was the truth anyway. "I had that settled." Felix smiled and they both exited the school hand in hand.

꧁꧂

🐾I'm being soft again for Felix shshjsjsjs