15 ; bobo the hamster

15 BOBO THE HAMSTER

"This just in, Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital has been severely damaged in the storm..."

"Can you turn off the radio?" Elise sighed, leaning her head against the window of her car. Derek sat in the driver's seat, his eyes constantly flicking toward Elise. Her knees were pulled up to her chest and her arms were wrapped around herself. She wasn't just tired, she felt drained.

Part of her wondered if it was because of what had happened during her fight with Kali. Elise had passed off the shaking shelves and the flying gurney as just an earthquake. Tremors weren't too common in Beacon Hills, but neither were Alpha packs, ritualistic sacrifices, or any other recent event. However, Stiles and Derek had claimed that they didn't feel anything where they were.

That had left Elise wondering if perhaps she had done it. At the school, Isaac had told her that magic thrived in times of chaos and if Elise were being honest, she'd never been in a more chaotic situation than she was in at that moment.

Derek nodded, quietly reaching forward and silencing the news report. After he'd woke up, they'd learned that Scott had left with Deucalion in an attempt to get Melissa back. Stiles had offered to stay at the hospital to distract the police while Derek and Elise met up with the others at the agreed location.

"Are you sure that you're alright?" Derek asked.

Elise nodded. Derek parted his lips to speak again but was cut off as Elise lifted a finger. "There," she ordered, gesturing to where the rest of their group had gathered. Derek slowed the car, pulling over next to the Argent's car.

Elise jumped out before Derek had even turned the car off, rushing toward the rest of the group.

"Where's the rest of you guys?" Chris questioned.

"Stiles is at the hospital keeping the police occupied," Elise explained as Derek moved to get Cora.

"What about Scott and Melissa?" Isaac asked.

Elise fell silent, her eyes skimming over all of the faces in the group. "Jennifer took my mom." Isaac's face fell at the news and Chris frowned slightly. "Scott..." Elise trailed off, shaking her head. She knew that the others wouldn't understand Scott's decision to go with Deucalion- hell, she barely understood it herself. She knew that Scott was only trying to do what he thought was right, but she couldn't stand the idea of her brother alone with that pack.

"He went with Deucalion," Derek revealed.

Elise straightened her posture as the other three looked at her for confirmation. She nodded. "Listen," she said, her voice determined. "We only have a couple of days left to save them, so we don't have time to sit around and chat. Let's get to work and find Jennifer."

Elise frowned, her eyes narrowed as she continued flipping through the books and maps before her. The entire night had passed and she hadn't received a single word from Scott. She'd spoked to Derek on the phone only briefly. Cora was only getting worse and there was still no news of the Alphas or Jennifer. To top everything off, Elise's father happened to be back in town.

The brunette hadn't seen her father in nearly ten years- ever since he'd left. She certainly didn't miss him and was just grateful that Stiles had been the one to run into him instead of her.

Suddenly, the door to the McCall house swung open and Elise perked up. "Scott?" she called, optimism getting the best of her. Her shoulders slumped slightly when a familiar head full of blonde hair rounded the corner. "Oh, hey, Isaac," Elise said, turning her attention back to the mess in front of her.