5

Damien

Lunch came and we all sat at the table together. Ericka sat on my left and Shayne on my right. We were all joking when one of the year book girls came around. "Hey can I get a picture for the year book?" She asked. I nodded and leaned my head on Shayne shutting my eyes and sticking out my tongue slightly. I heard the click of the camera and opened my eyes.

"Aww this is cute. Are you guys dating?" She asked. I blushed mildly. "N-no." I said embarrassed. They all laughed at me. "You do act like one of those annoyingly cute couples that make you sick because they're happy and you're alone." Boze said and we laughed. "Wow really? I guess I never realized we acted like that." I laughed awkwardly.

***

After school me and Shayne walked to my house. "I think Boze likes you." Shayne said. "Yeah I think so too. I saw the way she was looking at me." I agreed. "I'm scared she's gonna try and ask me out and then I'm gonna have to tell her I'm gay unless I just tell her that I don't like her like that but thats rude and—"

"Calm down Damien. Just tell her not to tell anyone." He put a hand on my shoulder. I took a deep breath and nodded. We reached my house and my mom smiled at us. "Hey sweetheart. How was school?" She asked. "It was good." I said grabbing a water from the fridge. "Hey Mrs. Haas. How are you?" Shayne asked her.

"I'm doing great thanks for asking. I'm glad that you and Damien have gotten so close. I was scared he was gonna struggle making friends when we moved. The first month he very rarely left his room." She said. "What? Damien seems so outgoing though." He said. I blushed slightly at his words. Geez why was he having this effect on me.

"Yeah thats the truth. He's pretty awkward honestly." My sister said. "Ok lets get going." I grabbed him a water and took him to my room. We sat on my bed awkwardly not soeaking. "So Courtney asked me out." He blurted out. I snapped up to face him. "Ooh she did?" I said teasingly. "Yeah. I said yes of course I told you a few weeks ago I've liked her since last school year. But its kinda faded away but I still want to date her." He said.

"Well where's your first date?" I asked excitedly. "We're going to the movies." He said. "Oooh the movies." I teased him. "Duuuude." He whined. "Ok ok. Are you gonna kiss her at the end of the date?" I asked. "I erm..." he looked off awkwardly. "Creamed corn." He said. I snapped and he took a deep breath. "I've never kissed anyone." He admitted.

"Ok well thats no big deal. There's a first for everything." I said in a calming voice. "Do you wanna practice? I've never kissed anyone either but maybe it'll help." I suggested. "Only if it won't get weird between us." He said. I shook my head. "I doubt it." I told him. He uttered a small ok and we took a deep breath before leaning in.

Our lips connected and it was a bit awkward and then he shifted alittle and it felt right. We pulled away after a second. I could feel the uncomfortableness in the room so I spoke first. "See it was fine. I thought that kiss was good." I said. He smiled and blushed lightly. "Thanks Damien." He said before pulling me into a hug.

I unfroze time and we continued talking. He had to leave for dinner so I walked him to his house waving to Mrs. Topp before I left. I walked back home and got dinner myself.