Chapter 4

"Come here honey!" Temperance called, sitting on the floor in the living room. Summer ran to her and hugged her.
"Mommy, can we go to the park?" Summer asked.
"Hey, Hey! First you have to tell me what you did at school!" Temperance said. "You know the drill, silly." She said tickling Summer.
"Ladies, Ladies, Simmer down!" Seeley said sitting down on the couch. "I'm trying to watch the football game."
"Summer wont tell me what she did at school, Booth." Temperance complained.
"Aye Summer, tell your mom what you did today." Seeley said.
"Fine, Fine! I learned how to build a motor." Summer said. "And it was totally easy."
"I don't understand, that is something I taught you three years ago, how come they just taught you?" Temperance asked.
"Bones, she's in fourth grade, I think she is--"
"I think I should begin homeschooling you summer, you are not getting a proper education." Temperance said in frustration.

Temperance woke up, realizing that she was no longer dreaming "What the hell?" She asked.

Summer began to fuss. "Mommmmmyyy" she cried.

"No honey, Its okay, i'm here, everything is going to be okay... WHAT?" Temperance realised that Summer was not on the bed. "SUMMER!!!!" she screamed. "WHERE ARE YOU????"

Summer cried and repeated "Mama!" over and over.

Temperance followed the crying. She ran out of the bedroom and burst through the hallway closet door. She picked up a now soaked-with-tears summer.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again!" She breathed heavily.

Summer burried her face in Temperance's shirt and tried to atop crying. Temperance tried to calm her by rubbing her back "It's okay, you're safe with me now, you're okay." she hummed.

She brushed the hair from Summers face and kissed her forehead. She sang a lullaby and summer slowly fell back asleep.

------------------------

"Stop it silly. That's my nose!" Temperance laughed.

"Mine now!" Summer giggled.

"Aw, that's cute. But actually..." Temperance raised her eyebrows. "I have two!!!!" She laughed and pinched Summers nose.

Summer laughed loudly and then stopped suddenly. Her eyes widened. "My nose!" She freaked out and then grabbed her nose, relief evident on her face.

"Silly Summer, it was only a joke." Temperance smiled.

Temperances phone began to ring. She grabbed it and answered it.

"Brennan." She said.

"Bones its me--"

Temperance hung up the phone as soon as she realized it was Booth. She should have checked the caller ID. "When will they learn I don't want to talk to them!! ugh."

She set Summer down on the floor and walked to the kitchen and got out ice cream. Summer pointed up at the tub of ice cream and bit her lip.

"Want some??" Temperance asked.

"Yeah-huh" Summer smiled still biting her lip.

Temperence opened the ice cream and spooned out a scoop "Mmmm open up!"

Summer opened her mouth and took a bite of the ice cream. "Yummy!" she said and drooled all over her pink dress.

"Ew" Temperance laughed. "I didn't like that dress anyway. We can get you something nicer." She wiped the drool from summers face.

The sound of vibration and "Girls just wanna have fun" by Cindi Lauper startled them both.

"Here we go again." Temperance looked at the caller id. "What do you want Booth I'm trying to--"

"Listen bones--"

"Don't call me bones."

"Listen Temperance. I just got a call from Summers Uncle. He says he can't take care of her. And since Anya put him as her beneficiary. He hasn't decided whether he is going to let Jeremy take her or not. I don't understand why he was the beneficiary and not Jeremy to begin with." Seeley said. "Ill call you back when I hear more alright?"

"Okay," Temperance said.

"Hey, any new tips on the case?" seeley asked.

"Booth I quit." Temperance said.

"What now??" Seeley said, stunned.

"I told everyone to never talk to me again. That includes you." Temperance hung up the phone "Hey lets go Summer."

"Where?" Summer asked.

"Somewhere fun. A surprise" Temperance smiled.

----------------------
A/N: Hey guys, thanks for voting for my story, its wildly appreciated. Sorry the update is so late and small, I've just been really busy Lately. Ill try to update again asap.