"Rose, you're not going to die. I'll figure a way to get you out of here okay?"

Rose ignored me completely and continued to cry.

I turned to glare at the man who looked completely satisfied with himself which only added to my anger.

"What the hell is your problem?!" I demanded. "She's just a little girl! Why would you tell her something like that?"

"This is the real world. The sooner she realizes that Superman and Prince Charming aren't going to come waltzing in to save her the better."

I opened my mouth to reply but never got the chance to.

The pipe in front of the man rumbled and all at once the steam came out.

Archer's P.O.V

This was such bullshit.

There was no way I was going to be able to find Gemma if I had to find my way through all these tunnels. I had made so many lefts and rights and I was completely lost now.

I ran my hands through my hair and had to resist the urge to punch the tunnel wall.

I was never going to find her and that small pool of blood I found was doing nothing to reassure me that she was okay.

Just as I was about to turn around and try finding a different way I heard a faint hissing sound quickly followed by a loud scream. Or maybe it was screams because it sounded like more than one person.

I blindly ran in the direction that I thought the screams were coming from and after making two quick lefts I came to a large room filled with pipes and there sitting slumped forward, handcuffed and with her head down, was Gemma.

"Gemma!"

Her head whipped up at the sound of my voice and when she looked at me I could see she had been crying.

I ran forward and bent down in front of her. I didn't hesitate in wrapping my arms around her.

She buried her head in my chest and I felt her body shake as she continued to cry.

"Archer you have to get us out of here." Her voice was slightly muffled by my shirt.

When she pulled back she had a wild and desperate look in her eyes.

"Don't let me die like this." She pleaded.

I had no idea what she was talking about until I looked over her shoulder. My eyes landed on the little girl Gemma had been trying to find first, then the guy with the piercing in his nose from earlier and then...

My eyes widened and I had to fight the urge to throw up. A figure which had once been a person was now just red, burned, bloody, and... raw. The skin looked like it had been seared completely off and I could see the white of their bones poking out.

"What... what the hell happened?" I whispered as I looked back down at Gemma.

"The pipes. They shoot out hot steam and he just got a face full of it. Archer I don't know how much time we have before the next one goes off but you have to get us out of here."

I glanced down at the handcuffs and felt dread run through me.

How was I suppose to get her out of the handcuffs with no key?

I suddenly remembered the gun in the back of my jeans.

I quickly pulled it out and aimed it at the handcuffs.

Gemma pulled her hands as far apart as she could and shut her eyes tight before turning her head away.

I  aimed the gun at the chains, took a deep breath, and pulled the trigger.