Chapter 18

So it turns out that my navigating skills sucked a lot more than Archer's did, because I ended up leading us right back to the spot where we started.

"Nice." Archer commented as he surveyed our surroundings.

"Shut up." I mumbled as I turned in a circle looking for another exit.

Just as I was about to randomly decide on which way to go and let luck do it's thing, I saw a flurry of pink out of the corner of my eye. I turned to the left and stared straight down the tunnel trying to see if I noticed any movement.

Was I seeing things?

"Did you see that?" I asked Archer while still staring forward.

I heard Archer come up behind me. He was close enough that I could feel his breath tickling the back of my neck.

He really had no regards for personal space.

"See what?"

I continued to stare down the tunnel, squinting and un-squinting my eyes to try see anything except for the empty tunnel.

Just as I was about to come to the conclusion that I was finally losing my mind down here, I saw the same flurry of pink dart across the tunnel and into another one.

"There!"

Archer took a few steps forward and peered down the tunnel.

"What was that?"

I shrugged my shoulders before a sudden guess to what or better yet who, it was hit me.

"The little girl! She was wearing pink remember? That has to be her." I started forward, prepared to go after her but Archer grabbed my wrist, stopping me.

I looked over my shoulder at him and frowned.

"What?"

"You do remember what happened not too long ago when you thought you were going after that little girl right? We ran right into a trap and almost died."

I pulled my wrist back and shook my head.

He did have a point.

"Yeah but you just saw her."

Archer shook his head. "No, I saw pink. Anybody down here could be wearing pink, even one of those sick bastards just so they can try to trick us again."

I glanced over my shoulder and then back at Archer.

"Are you willing to live with the fact that if that was that little girl and we had a chance to try and save her, we didn't just because you thought that it wasn't her?"

"Are you willing to get yourself killed just because you that it was?" Archer shot back.

I groaned in frustration.

"We don't have time for this. Look I'm going to follow her. If you don't want to come then fine, but I'm going."

I turned on my heels and started toward the direction I saw the little girl go. A few seconds later I heard footsteps catching up with me. I smiled to myself knowing that no matter how tough Archer appeared to be or how frustrating I was, he wouldn't leave me to fend on my own, especially down here. Though when I glanced over my shoulder to look at him and give him a grateful smile, I was greeted with an entirely different picture.

I stopped dead in my tracks and turned all the way around.

Sheep Mask had one hand clasped tightly around Archer's arm and the other was clutching a knife which was pressed up against Archer's throat.

He titled his head to the side, and I could practically hear the smile in his voice.

"You should've killed me when you had the chance."