Social Media Stardom vs. Reality and Actual LGBTQ Representation

Hello, fellow Wattpotters!

If you worship Joanne Rowling,  be ye warned, you'll hate me, and this rant.

We're all somewhat apprehensive about Fantastic Beasts And How to Find Them 2. We're also somewhat excited m, because whoot!!, more Wizarding World!

Something that's been trending since the studios announcement that Dumbledore won't be portrayed as 'explicitly' gay in the movie is the hate for the studios for not representing the LGBTQ+ community.

And the basis for their counterargument is  this in a nutshell, "JK Rowling said he's gay, so we want to see him as gay, you bigoted assholes in charge of a movie set in the 1930s America!'

Well. First, anyone who's ever spent any time at all following JK Rowling knows that sooner or later, your favorite character(s) are set for some pretty shitty breaks.

RominoneForever, Hinny shippers, yeah, I'm talking to you. 

But that's just in the seven Harry Potter books. I did not read the Cursed Child,  because I absolutely refuse to acknowledge that in any universe, Romione love does not exist. I don't cover it objectively at all, I leave that to @MCliffordAuthor and his brilliant tearing of the awful thing in Not My Canon!, and if y'all know me from there, you'll know if often and sometimes more eloquently put this rant down over and yon in that comment section. 

So when the announcement  of Dumbledore's.... explicit gayness broke, most fans were like.... "are  you putting this in a book?"

JKR : LOL no. Just thought y'all should know that he's gay AF.

Fans: But..... okay. We don't get to see this in a book?

JKR: *unamusedly* I said no.

Fans who are trying to understand : so... you made him gay, but not in the books? Is this not appropriation at it's most monetarily exploitative?

JKR: *eyes narrowed* how dare you insinuate that I made Dumbledore gay to pander! It's called inclusivity, and diversity! You bigot!

Fans, trying harder to understand : but... you just said he wasn't gay in the books?

Rabid JKR fans: HOW DARE YOU THINK OUR QUEEN LESS THAN ABSOLUTELY PERFECT YOU RACIST, BIGOTED NON-FAN!

Fans trying to understand : *half of them now furious, because getting called names over a fictional character isn't what they had been expecting, from the author or other fans, because,  y'know, that's an incredibly rude thing to do to someone trying to understand * so, yeah. The proper reason behind this is neatly summed up by a two note noise... KA--CHIIINNNGG

*Riotous uproar from diehard fans*

*Fans previously trying to understand get off Twitter and consider writing pieces for articles on cyberbullying, stunned by the hate-speech and downright scary way it was  delivered*

Me, years later, after reading all seven Harry Potter books...

*Gets internet*
*sees the rabid JKR fans in the above description *

Ummm.... yeah... it's inclusive and all, but uh, not really.  You know the saying,  putting your money where your mouth is? There is not one single character  beyond the straight and narrow path of the heterosexual in the whole of these books. Lotta talk, no walk.

*Gets Wattpad, finds M.. says this on his Not My Canon!, and @fluffyweasley agrees... *

*cue shock* because she's literally the only person who hasn't called me a bigot for saying this. You rock, Fluff.