The Importance of Imparting Information vs. Willful Perpetuation of Ignorance

This post is inspired by a Pinterest found Tumblr post, that I came across whilst perusing my Pinterest dash, and it struck me particularly.

As an American, as a woman, as someone desperate to bring information into the world in a fashion that it is best absorbed, as an author, it hit me, particularly because it mentions the "White Feminist trademark emblem" and how they, specifically, were the reason behind a Muslim woman, and her assailant, attempting to empower the Muslim woman by removing the hijab she was wearing.

As a woman. As a woman who is half Native American, half white, and feminist, before being feminist meant nothing more than wearing my gentalia to protest being seen as noting more than my gentalia, THIS STRUCK ME.

The original Tumblr post is gone, but here is as closely as I remember the gist of it.
(I commented on the Pinterest link, so when someone else does, I'll screenshot the comments and the original post for you all.)

Someone asked the poster why they were afraid of ISIS, because the Tumblr had apparently made it known they were Muslim, and why should a Muslim person be frightened of Muslims?

THIS IS A LEGITIMATE QUESTION, MIND. The original asker was attempting to UNDERSTAND. This person was trying, desperately, to understand why this Muslim person was scared mindless by ISIS.

Now. As an American, the rise of Islamic extremism has indirectly impacted me, and directly impacted my family. My brother joined up under the first Obama Administration, and toured Afghanistan and Iraq three times in a six year period. And as someone who listened, I understand that the impact of the extremism is much, much worse for other Islamic sects than it is for America. The stories he told were pretty terrifying.
I won't go into detail. He was explicit, and the details of how men murdering pregnant women isn't what is important, it's the fact that it's what was happening under Al-Qaeda, and the fact that the children and women being murdered were innocent, guilty of nothing more than what someone else perceived their religion to be.

The indirect impact is that it destroyed what was left of my brother's sanity. It ruined his marriage, and has rendered him incapable of fathering his three beautiful, intelligent sons, and this, dear reader, is why I advocate for veterans healthcare, and why it's so close to my heart.

This poster. Rather than tell the American about the unspeakable atrocities carried out by Al-Qaeda, ISIS, and Boko Haram on other Muslims, nitpicked the asker on their terminology.

'If everyone who seemed so concerned about ISIS were actually informed on it, they would know the impact of ISIS on the Muslim world community and it's proper acronym, Daash.'

That's great, asshole. Belittle the person for ASKING FOR THAT INFORMATION.

And rather than just say that the violence perpetrated on other Muslims by the one percent that is all radicalized Islamic groups combined is over a hundred times greater than the violence perpetrated on foreign countries, this poster CONTINUED to alienate the asker.

This post continued on to berate the feminists for their abuse of Muslim women, (as stated above) how they were forcing them to go bareheaded, and how the race of those feminists were a factor and on, and on, and nauseatingly on, the bigotry and hatred of this person revealed in each passing line, and WOUND UP WITH THIS.

'So, take your ignorance away from me, and I wish you the best.'

OH, I'M SO FUCKING SORRY TO BOTHER YOU. TO ASK YOU WHY YOU FEEL THREATENED. TO ATTEMPT TO ASK A PERSON WHO HAS THIS INFORMATION TO IMPART A LITTLE OF IT, TO HELP DISMANTLE THE HORRIBLE ASSUMPTION THAT ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS. FORGIVE ME FOR NOT DEPENDING ON CNN AND OTHER MAJOR NEWS SOURCES TO GIVE ME THE INFORMATION, FOR REASONING THAT SOMEONE IMPACTED BY THIS NEGATIVE PERCEPTION MIGHT JUST POSSIBLY BE A BETTER SOURCE TO TAP FOR IT.