Fire

"Can we have a break?" Jungkook complained, "we've been walking for forever."

"All we see is sky for forever." Jin half-sang. Everyone was obviously tired to death and just wanted to sleep. Apart from Namjoon, who was practically bouncing, full of energy somehow. "We can at least wait for Yoongi and Taehyung, they're like, a whole mile back."

You checked behind you and sure enough, you couldn't even see Taehyung and Yoongi. Namjoon moved to the back of the crowd and shouted louder than you knew was humanly possible, "Guys! Hurry the fuck up!"

"Namjoon, we will actually die if you make us walk one more step." Hoseok took a different approach, "I refuse to take another step."

"Fine." Namjoon whined, "We'll crash here for the night."

Everyone collapsed onto the floor dramatically. Yoongi and Taehyung dragged themselves over and everyone managed to fall asleep pretty quickly. Except for you. You'd only managed to stay awake because you'd noticed Jungkook sat up, staring at something in the distance.

"Are you okay?" You asked him.

"Yeah." He didn't sound entirely sure, "I'm just thinking."

"About what?" You crawled your way over to sit beside him.

"About how all of this seems too easy. There's no reason to go to wherever we're headed. There has to be something Namjoon's not telling us about the mission. Something really bad. It has to be bad, he'd tell us otherwise." Jungkook sighed.

"Does he usually tell you things?" You turned your head away from the sky to look at him as he spoke. Jungkook's eyes didn't move from their spot over at a dusty road in the distance.

"Sometimes he trusts us." He said, which wasn't actually the answer you were expecting.

"Sometimes?" You knew your constant testing was annoying him, but he continued to tell you things, so you continued to ask him questions.

Jungkook looked back at Namjoon, who was asleep.

"Don't tell him I told you this." He waited for you to promise you wouldn't, "once during a mission the whole group had an argument because Namjoon missed out some really important information about the mission. I can't remember exactly what it was but we were all really pissed about it. He told us he didn't tell us because we wouldn't go if he did. Anyway, that's not why he didn't tell us. He's never told us the real reason, actually."

"There was a fire." This was Namjoon, talking out of nowhere, "I almost killed every single one of us. The building actually fell down on Jimin and Taehyung ran back in and saved him. Jimin's been deadly terrified of fire ever since. Hey, Y/N, can I ask you something?"

Jungkook looked like he'd seen a ghost, but you ignored that. "Sure, what is it?"

"When this is over, don't join Bighit. Live your own life. Don't let yourself be controlled by them. You deserve to live until your old. I genuinely think I'm gonna die early, and that's not just because I've fallen down the apartment block stairs three times this week. Can you please promise me that?" He sounds genuinely concerned, nervous. It's the first time you've actually seen him like this.

"Let her do what she wants." Jungkook buts in.

"I can't let her join." Namjoon ignored him. "Think about it, okay?"

So you do. You think about it long after everyone else has gone back to sleep. Since Jimin had brought it up, you hadn't been able to stop thinking about it. It was all that was on your mind. That, and what he said about Hoseok. You glanced over at him now. If he'd done something to his head that was dangerous, you would freak out. You guessed if after this mission was over and they took you to Bighit for a test, you'd recommend Hoseok going to a hospital or something.