5

The day of the wedding...

This morning when I open my eyes I opened it the last time as a Van der Merwe and from tonight I will be a Mrs. Williams. Oh, what a wonderful though. It is 7:30 AM and I am already out of the house and into a salon where they will be waxing and scrubbing and wrap me in dead sea mud then finally they will be doing my make-up and hair and all this is a wedding gift from my little sister.

Yes, people my kids sister the very we'll know games graphics designer in South Africa. Laying on the table where they waxing everything that could show any sign of hair. Then afterward they scrub you down then wrap your whole body in a mud mask and I fell asleep. Then afterward I took a welcoming shower and then they start with my hair and nails, then after my nails and hair were done it was time for the only final thing to be done make-up. Now that I am completely done we set out back to the house. Janine drove me back home.

When I got home, oh, boy was there a ton of people. Seeing all my family and friends it is so great but mom and my aunt rushed me in the back so no one can see me. Upstairs I was literally helped into my underwear and into my dress. My dress a very plain floor length dress with sandals, since wearing heels in the sand is completely pointless. My wedding planner Joan walked into the room. She made sure all my things are in order and when the time came to leave, everyone just snap away as I walk out of the house.

The limo waited for me in the street because there is no way he can get in and out of this strange driveway. A photographer friend of my parents is doing my wedding photos. I have seen his previous work and it is really stunning. I did what he asked and he just snaps away. The closer we got to the place on the beach where we are going to hold the ceremony my nerves got more and more in knots, but I know my perfect better half is waiting for me at the end of the aisle.

Getting out of the car, more flashes from every possible direction just flesh away in my face. Janine and my one and only best friend, Kaylin helped my sister to pull my dress straight at the back. My dad pulled my veil over my face and the music start. My daddy led me down the aisle and when we were near the front end of the aisle Eddie met us there and dad gave me away. We really came a long way, it has been 2 and a half years since we met on that dirt road in Rwanda. I can't believe how far we came.

The pastor started the ceremony and 30 – 40 minutes later we finally said our 'I do's' and the whole crowd cheered. Our guests started to file out to the reception tent. Eddie and I signed the wedding register with my parents and we took off walking along the ocean with our photographer. I know in this late afternoon sun he will take really beautiful pictures. An hour and a half later we head back to where our guest where.

'Love, wait.'

'What's wrong, angel?'

'No, nothing is wrong. I just want to say, I really love you and that you look so beyond beautiful today.'

'Awe, thank you. You are quite dashing yourself your Highness.' He gave me a warm beautiful smile and then gave me a kiss just before we enter the tent. 'I love you too Mr. Williams, so much.' He gave me another kiss and we head inside.

The festivities started and not long after all the speeches were done, the party started and we tango and salsa the night away. We got home really late the next morning. Eddie insisted on carrying me over the threshold and I let him. We both got in a shower one after the other and went to bed so tired.

The next morning we helped clean up everything and then my sister drove us back to the airport where Eddie and I got on a plane where we will fly to our honeymoon in the Caribbean. At the Caribbean, it was just as hot as Durban. We got settled in- in our private honeymoon cabin.

'So Mrs. Williams how are you doing today?'

'Well, Mr. Williams I am perfect since I'm with you in the most breathtaking place in the world, and of course what makes it extra special is that I'm here with you my wonderful and loving husband.' I said and gave him a kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck.

'That is really good news, Mrs. Williams because your beauty outshines this place by a thousandfold.'

'Awe, Mr. Williams keep saying things like that and I will not let you out in public ever again.' I said smiling up at him. His smile grew and bend down to pick me up. He carried me over to the bed and there we made sweet love till we fell asleep. So we spend our days touring the Caribbean every other day. Thee other day we built our bond in bed.

One night the resort set up a table for us in the ocean waters with bamboo lanterns around us as we enjoyed our dinner under the stars and boy there were so many of them. We don't see so many of them back in South Africa when your city bound. Our two-week stay turns out to be a three-week stay and on our last day we got some souvenirs for my parents and sister, then we set back to the airport where we got on a connection flight to Johannesburg. We both look like we were local residents of the Caribbean when we left. Sitting on the plane as we took to the sky, I just held my wonderful husband's hand as I lay on his shoulder.

'Thank you, the Caribbean was wonderful. I had a fantastic time.'

'You're welcome, my love and you look even prettier with all the sun you caught.'

'So do you.' I said and gave him another kiss.

'Thank you. Rest now you didn't get must sleep last night. You were tossing and turning all night long.'

'Did I keep you up all night?'

'No, I got some rest but I was worried about you love.'

'I can't even remember what I dreamt about. I am really sorry if I kept you awake.' I said feeling really guilty because I know he is trying to sugar coat it as nothing but he didn't sleep a wink last night. On our flight, we both got in some decent shut-eye. It is after all 27-hour flight back to Johannesburg, South Africa. Later when evening arrived I put up the armrest between us and he held me close to him as we slept. By the time we reached Johannesburg airport, we were both fully rested and ready for our arrival at the very sunny midday Johannesburg.

Not really want to burst this amazing bubble Eddie and I am in at the moment, but reality is a real bitch and we had to eventually come out of our bubble. We settle our parking bill and we drove home. Uncle Bertus our wonderful house sitter left this place spotless before he left this morning already. Uncle Bertus couldn't make it to our wedding because of his work. Sad but what can you do. I got our mountain of laundry in the washing machine. Feeling quite peckish we made ourselves some lunch and went to lay down before mister jet-lag sets in for both of us. Gosh, it feels great to actually lay down and not try to sleep sitting up. We fell asleep so fast.

The evening we woke up, got busy with our work and caught up on all our e-mails. Around midnight we stopped working and had some nice hot milk then head back to bed. Where we could make a few bunnies shy of the way we carried on. I passed out first and we slept so soundly after that. The next morning being Wednesday we both got up early and refreshed from all our sleep we got in yesterday. We both head out to our different offices and got working by day end all my work was back up to date. Eddie phoned me and said he has two sets of clients he is taking out tonight and I set out to go home. I got home and decided to make us some nice pasta.

By the time Eddie got home, he was really hungry and tired. We're busy eating and I told him everything that has been happening at my office and he told me all about his. His office has been really busy since we went on honeymoon. My own office got a few high profile jobs as well and they are really busy with it. I finally kick off my shoes and started cleaning up. Eddie insisted on washing the dishes. Not wanting to argue with the man of the house, I let him.