The doctor gave me sick leave for a whole week. Eddie made sure I got enough rest. My leg is almost healed too. It was one Saturday afternoon when Eddie was acting really strangely but I left it at that and just wrote it off as business stress. It was only later in the evening that he cooked us some really romantic dinner for just the two of us with candles and everything.

'This is really great.' I complimented him on his lovely cooking skills he learned since he started staying with me.

'I'm glad you like it. Nadine, love there is something I need to talk to you about.'(Great I know when a man starts a conversation like this it usually ends up in a mountain of Kleenex and a fountain of tears.)

'Is it me? Have I done something wrong?'

'No of course not. Please let me just get this out.'

'Okay.'

'We've known each other for a little over a year and a half now and I would like... I would like to ask you to marry me.' Well, tears did spring to my eyes but it is really happy ones.

'Yes, Edward Williams a million times yes I will marry you.' I said as my happy tears finally spill over.

'Oh, love you just made me the happy guy on the planet.' I lean over and gave him a kiss. He slides my ring over my finger and it fits perfectly.

'Oh, Eddie this is so beautiful. Thank you so much.'

'You're welcome my little gem.' He said and kissed the tip of my nose. After our dinner, we sat down and called my parents and they were all so happy for us. I always wanted a beach wedding and now it is my chance to do it. Mom and I just touched down on the basics of the wedding, then hung up. The rest of our evening we celebrated and even with my almost healed leg we managed to spend the evening between the sheets.

                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-oOo-~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Months of wedding planning is finally coming to an end. In a few short weeks time, I'll be Mrs. Edward Williams. I can't believe how 10 months of planning can fly so fast. My fiancé and I both have our bachelors and hens night tonight and my friends and I, we're going ice-skating and the guys are going to play action cricket or action soccer I don't know. I just hope Eddie will be safe and okay. Our evening was really nice but I fell down a lot. Later when we got back to my house all my girlfriends gave me all these expensive underwear gifts.

With Eddie's real estate doing so well he booked our honeymoon at some exotic location somewhere. So I guess having all these fancy underwear could come in really handy. After 9 PM all my girlfriends left and I was home alone. I took a shower and got dressed for bed. I waited up for Eddie to get home and when he still didn't arrive back home at midnight, I gave him a call. When I couldn't reach Eddie, I phoned my nephew Juan and he told me they are almost done with a game then they are all going to split. I waited for another 20 to 30 minutes for Eddie and he finally got home.

I waited for him in bed and when he walked in he was all covered in sweat and he actually looks so sexy. He gave me a hello kiss then hit the shower. I was half asleep reading a book of mine when he pulled it from my hands and placed it on my bedside table and tucked me in completely. He kissed my temple and I fell asleep in his arms. It was my turn to have really bad dreams tonight. I sat up straight in bed waking from a nightmare.

'Nadine, angel. What's wrong?' Eddie asked me.

'Oh, it was horrible.' I said and he took me in his arms.

'Everything is okay now, baby. Your safe, we're safe.' He said smoothing my wild hair back. Tears ran down my face and Eddie whipped all my tears away. I looked up at him.

'Do you know how great you are, king of my heart?'

'You are the queen of my heart.' He said and I gave him a quick kiss on his cheek. I fell asleep on his chest and in the safety of his arms. We were both really busy the whole weekend with clients and sales that need signing. The week leading up to our wedding was just as busy. We both are flying out to Durban tonight to help with the final things for our wedding. I am just so tired I just need another holiday and soon. We've both been working ourselves half to death. We both are in the process of getting offices not together but in areas that will benefit our businesses.

I hand over my real estate leg to Eddie and he is really doing well. Some of the commission is still going towards my parents. I am just glad I could buy them the house they live in cash so that they don't have any big loans on their pension. I wanted to get married on the beach and we had to ask for special permission and everything. I am just really glad we got a wedding planner to help mom with everything, we would need. Dad and Janine my kid sister picked us up from the airport.

'Oh, hello kids.' Dad said shaking Eddie's hand and a kiss on my cheek. My kid sister just wraps her arms around me. I haven't seen her in so long.

'Hello, sis. How are you doing?' I asked her.

'I'm better than great now that I get to see my sister and my new soon to be brother-in-law.' She said and wrap her arms around my waist again. We all walked out to the car.

'Goodness, it is hot here.'

'Yes, it had been like this for the past 2 weeks now.' Janine informed us. Eddie was talking to dad while I was talking to my maid of honor, my sister, as we all drove off and hit the highway. We took a couple of turns and we were off. A half an hour later we arrived where mom was clearly waiting for us outside. Her whole face lit up and once we all settled in and while it is just my parents and sister Eddie want them to know his history and I stood by him for support.

He just dove right in and lay all his cards on the table. Now that they all know, I can see he feels much better. My parents were shocked by this news of course and also saddened for Edward to have lost his whole family and country in such a violent way he has. I can see the relief on his face after he told them. I gave him a kiss on his cheek after that, I know he was one boll of stress before telling them. Now that it is over I can see that he is much more relaxed than before we arrived.

'You feel better now, love?'

'Yes, a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.'

'Good, I can see that.' I said and let him sit in front of me with his back to me and I just lightly massage his shoulders.

'Better?'

'Much better, thank you love.'

'You're welcome. Come let's go greet the ocean.' I said holding my hand for him. He took my hand and we walked the short distance to the beach where we walked in the surf.

'It really is beautiful here.' He said holding me close to him.

'Indeed it really is, that is why I bought my folks this place.'

'I never told you this before, angel, but your parents are such warm-hearted and good to the core people.'

'Thank you, they are really great.' Later we sat down on the sand and just sat in each other's embrace, looking out over the ocean. It was really nice just to sit and not do anything. We have been working our butts off this past year. I lay my head back on Eddie's shoulder and almost fell asleep.

'Come let's get back, then you can take a proper nap.'

'You're tired too. I know how hard you worked this year. I can see you need to rest too.'

'Yeah I guess, but I only worked hard because you kept me on my toes, Miss van der Merwe.'

'Oh, really, Mr. Williams?' I asked smiling up at him.

'Yes, I ran around finding all that corporate properties for you to renovate or demolish so you can design all those beautiful buildings you love drawing.'

'That may be true but we both made money in the process.'

'True very true indeed.' He said pulling me off the sand and we slowly start to make our way back to the house. Once we got there, the whole house was in a buzz. Our naps were out completely as we all got busy with the final things for the wedding. It was early evening and we all had an early dinner and Eddie and I went to bed extremely exhausted. The next few day went by so fast, while Eddie and I try our best to adjust to the Durban humidity. The heat is getting us down. I just hope in this heat that the flowers will be holding up.