"Liliya was caught. And that was the last straw for my father. He shot himself and I was left to take over the family name. We didn't know Liliya was alive, so imagine my surprise when we  learned that by some cruel twisted fate that my sister actually fell in love with that monster" he spat.

"We argued with her that she was just being manipulated but she stood her ground saying the Arturo was just a misunderstood man. It pained me that my sister never received any love which was enough for her to have fallen for that bastard's schemes" he said angrily.

I reached for Dimitri's hand and interlocked it together. I felt the rigidness of his body slowly fade aways as he took calming breaths.

"What happened to her Dimitri?" I asked quietly.

"I was notified she took her own life when she finally discovered the true man Arturo really was. She couldn't handle the fact that she turned her back on us for him.  And that's the last I heard from her" he finished.

"I'm sorry Dimitri" I said as I leaned on his shoulder.

"It's in the past. It's over now... it's over" he said.

***

It's been a couple of weeks since the whole attack happened. My wounds are closed to healing but Dimitri still wouldn't let me out of his sight and it's turning out to be quite annoying. Even so, both of us were starting to get along on a more deeper, emotional level.

Even though the both of us want the physical level more.

"Where are you going?" He asked as I stood up from my seat.

We were currently in the large living room, my grandfather on the other seat enjoying his coffee and his book while Dimitri typed away in his laptop. Yes, my grandfather was still with us making that 'physical level' close to non-existent.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, I faced the man until he finally looked up at me with his brow raised.

"I'm going to the bathroom to pee or do you want to come along there too?" I asked sarcastically.

"Alright, let me just save th-" he said as he started to get up.

"Dimitri!"

"What? You said"  he argued.

"Ugh!" I stomped my foot and went out the room.

I heard my grandfather laugh and told Dimitri to give me some space.

I headed towards the familiar path to the infirmary.

As I walked I recalled the time I woke up at the infirmary and was greeted by Viktor's blubbering mess.

We also explained to them the truth about who I really was and most of them were happy and accepting about it. Besides, Boris and Viktor already knew, but mine and Dimitri's relationship was still under wraps, because I chose it that way.

My grandfather made himself home here until he knows I have fully recovered from my wounds. He also offered for me to go back home to Russia which I voiced out my uncertainty. He was pretty chill for an old man, he said knowing I was alive was enough for him, and that I could go home when I was ready.