Chapter 12

Destiny's Point of View

I could smell blood, but who's blood? My mind was hazy, making me unable to identify the owner's blood.

"Harry, you watch Destiny while we investigate."

Louis's Point of View

The boys and I enter the house from the back door. I notice the basement door was open and point it out to the others.

We begin our descent and when we turn the corner we stop in our tracks. Blood surrounded a shivering body on the ground. I hesitantly approach the body and kneel down to it's height. It was a female, about 12 or 13 years old.

They look up, their eyes were slightly clouded, they were on the brink of death.

"Wh-who a-are y-you?"

"I'm Louis, why are you in my house?"

"M-my f-friend, Destiny, sh-she's in tr-trouble, sh-she li-lives here, pl-please he-help her!"

"I reassure you she's safe, now what relations do you have with our daughter? Are you perhaps a pack member?"

"Y-you know?"

I smile and gingerly scoop the female up, bringing her up the stairs and outside with Destiny and Harry. Destiny was already patched up, conscious and was sitting up staring intently at the back door.

"Chloe!"

Destiny attempts to get up, but falls onto her knees.

"Alpha, please do not strain yourself for my sake!"

I set the girl whose name was supposedly Chloe down next to Destiny who nuzzled her gently.

Harry was tending to her wounds when he asked, "What happened?"

Chloe looks to Destiny, "Josh, he betrayed us. I don't know if he's still in the house or if he went out searching for you. He wants to kill you in front of Jake, that's what he said before I kinda fell unconscious."

I eye Destiny before asking, "Who's Josh?"

"Jake's brother, and someone who was supposed to be a member in my pack, but I guess he was a traitor...."

I hear a click of a gun and I look up to see the boys pulling out guns.

I try to stand up, but fail. I clenched my fist angrily, "W-what are you doing?! You know you can't kill a werewolf with normal guns!!"

Louis looks at me and smirks, "who said these were normal guns?"

My stomach clenches and does flip, and I start to become hot...What is this feeling?

I look away timidly, before calling out to their retreating figures, "Be careful!!"

We were left with Harry who then proceeded to interrogate, at least that's what it felt, us.

Jake's Point of View

I stirred awake, using my good arm to rub the sleep out of my eyes.

I inhaled through my nose and that's when I noticed the heavy scent of Chloe's blood. I also acknowledged the distinct scent of Destiny's nearby. I ripped the covers off me and slid off the bed. I winced in pain, but continued to open the door and climb down the stairs.

I saw men with guns searching for something. I recognize them....but from where? WAIT!

I called out to them, "Louis, Zayn, Niall, Liam??"

They look up to see my unstable body attempting to climb the stairs down. Louis grabs a hold of my waist and swiftly picks me up bridal style. I could feel the warmth in my cheeks increase, probably turning a dark scarlet. Louis goes outside and I see make eye contact with a bandaged Destiny. I could see her eyes widen and fear evident in her eyes as tears escape and fall down her pink-tinted cheeks.

She begins to crawl towards me, whimpering.

"J-Jake?"

I sigh sadly, before opening my arms up as Louis sets me down in front of her.

She throws herself at me and I gently wrap my arms around her, my sewed up limbs ached and I could see the ticked off look Chloe was giving me, but I ignored it.

"It's alright, everything will be alright, baby girl," I cooed into her ears.

I could hear her whimpering and sobbing into my shoulder as I attempted to calm her down. Even though it's only been a day, it's been a long one.

"Chloe, we couldn't find he--"

I look up and see Ashton and Teagan approach us, and I give them a look saying 'where's Josh'.

"He was supposed to be with Chloe," Ashton says as if reading my mind.

"Chloe, where's Josh?"

She shifted uncomfortably before quietly squeaking her answer, "h-he i-is a tra--"

Des pulled away from me and wiped her tears.

"He tried to kill Chloe and wanted to kill me in front of you because..." she trailed off, looking at Chloe for help.

Chloe then spoke up again, "he said he wanted to make you suffer for making him suffer...?"

My eyes widen, and I growl under my breath.

I felt Destiny gently rest her hand reassuringly on my shoulder, "what is it Jake?"

"There was a girl once...that both of us liked...she was his mate, but I loved her too much to give her to him. She was human, and was unaware of the concept of mates and werewolves...She told us she loved us both, but she decided to go with my brother....I got upset, so upset I killed her with my own hands... I didn't mean to, honestly, I just wasn't in control of my emotions, I just--" I felt tears fall down my face, soaking it with its salty substance.

"--I-I didn't mean to!!!"

I rested my head on Destiny's shoulder as I cried. I couldn't let her see me cry, it was too embarrassing.

I felt her warm hands lightly move my chin upwards so I was looking at her. She stared into my hazel hues and I into her green ones.

"It's not your fault, Jake...You're a wonderful person and didn't know much--hell, you didn't even have a pack...not until you met me," she whispered quietly smiling at the story of how we met.

She gently brushed her thumbs on my cheeks, brushing away the tears.

"Now, don't cry...you're ruining your perfect looking face," she jokes.

I smile sadly at her, before placing a gentle kiss upon her forehead.

"Rest, you've been through a lot..."

She opened her mouth a defensively yelled, "you have too!"

I chuckle at her as she reluctantly snuggles up to my chest and falls asleep. I felt my eyes become heavy and I soon fall asleep, cuddling to the person I have fallen in love with.