Chapter 4

I enter my next class, Honors English. I place myself in the seat furthest away from the door in the back row and by the window. I stare out the window imagining myself running in the forest playing tag with my pack. I smile at the thought and was completely oblivious to the furious English teacher who was yelling in my face attempting to grab my attention. 

I shake my head and stare at the teacher. 

"Huh?"

"Finally! I've been calling your name for 10 minutes now!!"

"Wow, way to be dramatic," I mumble quietly to myself.

The teacher huffs and turns to write something on the board.

"Okay class, time for the test," the teacher vocalizes while reaching to her desk and grabbing a stack of papers. She begins passing them out and finally stops at my desk. She looks at me before handing me the test.

"Ummm Ma'am, I'm new to this school and wasn't informed there was a test..."

"Too bad, you should have study," her words were like poison burning my skin, the harshness of her tone made me flinch slightly.

"But I merely received my books today," I protest.

"Well, that's a shame then...Looks like you'll have to fail," she sneers. 

I roll my eyes and stand up. I approach the door and walk out, leaving a room full of gaping student and a livid teacher. 

I step into the office and sit in the uncomfortable plastic chairs, once again.

I wait patiently until the principal steps out. 

"What did you do this time?" 

He tries to act serious and professional, but you could hear the hint of amusement in his voice. 

"So there was a test in English and she tried to give me the test, despite me being new and not being able to study... I then walked out."

"I see...Well who is your English teacher, I will have a word with her. And next time don't walk out, though you did handle it very well, besides walking out."

Together we walk to the silent classroom. The teacher sees me and send me a menacing glare, but I merely smirk at her as the principal escorts her out of the room. I go back to my seat and do my best to relax in the cramped, metal chair. 

"Hey," I hear a male voice from the right of me and I open my eyes. 

The boy had dark brown hair with hazel eyes and was just gorgeous. I smile.

"Hi."

"So, you're the new girl, huh?"

"Yeah, why?"

"There were rumors that some famous band adopted you..."

I tense. I look away from the boy, my hair covering the side of my face as I glared at the desk.

"Yeah, what about it? You going to use me like everyone else?"

"No no no! I was just curious to see if the rumors were true! I'm sorry if I offended you!"

I scoff at his lame excuse. 

"Okay whatever," I mumble, looking out the window. 

-------small time skip-------

I was becoming tired as the day dragged on. I wanted to go back to the house so I can take a nap. It was currently lunch and I had two more periods, plus P.E, after this. I was beyond exhausted and just wanted to shoot myself in the head... 

As I entered the noisy filled room, my eyes scan over the crowds of various people in search of my friends. I finally spot them in the corner joking around. 

I make my way towards them only to be stopped by a girl with bleach blond hair and blue eyes. She has globs of mascara on her eye lashes and pounds of bright blue eye-shadow and dark orange foundation on her skin. She wore pastel pink lipstick and wore a uniform you'd see in a hustler magazine. 

"Is it true that One Direction adopted you?" 

I tried not to cringe as she spoke in an abnormally high-pitched voice. 

I nod, before trying to walk past her. She grabs a hold of my arm and turns me to face her. 

"Why would they want to adopt a slut like you?" 

I could feel my chest tightening and I push her away, before turning towards my friends who were listening to the conversation. I sit next to Jake. He puts an arm around me and rubs small circles on my arm trying to calm me down. 

I sniffle, and I could hear the whole group tense... A low growl is heard from Teagan as she is shaking with anger...

"No one...and I mean NO ONE makes my friend cry!" 

She pushes herself from the table and runs towards the girl. 

The blond had her backed turned, giving Teagan an advantage. Teagan swung her fist at the back of the girls head. 

The girl screams in pain as Teagan grabs a fist full of her hair and slams her face into the tiled floor, staining it a crimson-red. 

Teachers pool in the cafeteria attempting to pull away a seething Teagan and a broken plastic-bitch.