Chapter 5

After I finally stepped in and gently put my hand on Teagan's shoulder letting her know that she had to stop, she huffed and dropped the bleeding barbie.

Teagan was escorted to the office by the principal himself, while I glared at the bloody blond. I snickered as she cried out in pain when the ambulance lifted her onto the gurney.

School was fast after that, though I wasn't paying attention in any of my classes. I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair, messing it up more than it already is. I was currently waiting outside...in the rain.

I was freezing and I just wanted to go home. I felt my phone buzz and unlocked it to read the message Liam had sent me.

To: Destiny

From: Li-bear

Hey Des, I'm sorry to say we can't pick you up. There's been a surprise meeting with Simon, it sounded important. Hopefully a friend of yours can give you a ride home, just be careful who you tell.

I scoffed in annoyance and began my walk home. I groaned, remembering Jake had football (soccer) practice and wouldn't be home until 8 pm. Thankfully, the boys live in the woods, so I can shift when I'm in the woods.

-After 20 minutes of walking-

"Damn you Liam..." I growl as I trudged home, soaked to the bone.

A normal person would've most-likely died from hypothermia. Luckily I had a high body-temperature, so the cold didn't affect me like it would to a normal human being.

As I approached the edge of the woods I broke into a sprint. When I was concealed from any wandering human that happened to be passing by. The moon was already rising so I hurried and began stripping. I folded my clothes and neatly stuffed them into my bag, before getting down on my hands and knees and shifting.

The cracking of bones as they shifted into place would make any human cringe, because honestly, I, too, despise the sound. The moon shone on my glittering, silver fur.

I looked around seeing if I could spot any person that may have seen me shift. It's best to be safe then sorry. Seeing there was no one nearby, I grabbed my book-bag in my mouth and ran towards the house.

I halt as an arrow whizzes past my head and to the tree next to me. I run faster towards the house and jump the fence around back. I set my bag behind a potted plant and jump back over the fence.

I heard many shouts, or at least I think I did. I wasn't really paying attention. I kept running and soon a volley of arrows came towards me. I tried my best to dodge, but one lodged itself in my paw. I yelped in pain, the sound echoed in the night sky.

Despite the pain that flared up in my injured leg, I continued to run until I couldn't sense the damn hunters anymore. Deciding that it was best to go home in human form, I shifted out of my wolf form.

I began walking home, oblivious to the fact that I wasn't wearing any clothes. I felt a breeze and I put my hands around myself. My eyes widen in realization and I squeal, for I wasn't wearing any clothes.

I sprinted home, praying the boys weren't home yet. I did my best to ignore the pain that settled in my bleeding foot as I began to approach the house. I saw the faint light in the distance and mentally groaned as I near the potted plant where my bag was hidden. My bag wasn't there, and I was more than embarrassed as I heard one of the boys whisper behind me.

"Destiny?"

My body tenses and I slowly turn around, a dark blush evident on my flushed face.

The pain in my foot becomes unbearable and the next thing I know is that I'm falling forward toward the ground.

"Destiny!"

A/N: Sorry this is a crappy chapter, but nevertheless if you enjoy this book then vote and comment! I love hearing your feedback so don't be afraid to comment it! Sincerely, Author-chan!