Acceptance {A One Direction Fanfiction}

Destiny's Pov

Hey, my name is Destiny, but most people call me Dez for short. My parents didn't really like me. They would call me mean names and beat me for things I didn't do. I guess you could say they were abusive. I was 7 when I had finally gotten the courage to call the police.... 6 years have passed and despite everything they did, I missed them. 

I wouldn't say I'm pretty, but some boys in the orphanage seem to think so. They say I have the loveliest blue-green eyes and soft brown hair to accompany it. Then again, I think they're just trying to use me for sex. 

The girls in the orphanage would tease me about being a slut or a whore, but I don't mind he harsh words thrown at me...I'm used to it. 

Over the past six years of arriving at this orphanage, I managed to make a few friends. 

Jake who is 16 is like my older brother. He always seems to be there when someone is picking on me and tells them off. Once he got thrown in jail for murdering someone because the person tried to rape me...I was 9 at the time.

Then there's Josh who is 15 and Jake's biological brother. Josh dyed his hair a bright red which made his dark brown eyes more noticeable, if that makes sense. Josh has a snake bite which looks hot, don't tell him I said that though! Anyway, Josh is quiet, he doesn't usually talk unless told to or if he's being talked to. 

Ashton is the youngest out of our pack; she's 12, but is very skilled in combat. Like me, she was physically abused and would train herself to fight back. She has dirty blond hair and crystal blue eyes that always seem to be sparkling. Her older sister Teagan is 15, but unlike her sister, she has fiery red hair and green eyes. Her face is peppered in freckles which makes her look adorable. She doesn't like her freckles, but everyone seems to agree that they make her adorable. 

Chloe, a 13 year old brunette, is one of the best herbalists you can probably ever find. Despite her being 13, she is an expert when it comes to herbs and plants. She's also the most helpful in battle when someone is injured, obviously. And then we have her sister Emily who has dyed blue hair. Her hair is very pretty, it remind me of the ocean. To match her blue hair, she has  dark blue eyes, almost resembling grey. She too is also skilled in combat. 

I on the other hand am their Alpha. I'm thirteen and I have somehow taken role of Alpha. I don't know how I'm some beast when my parents weren't even werewolves themselves. Some say that it's a gift from the Moon goddess, but if you call this being a gift then you might have a screw loose in your head. Being some monster is anything BUT a gift...It's a curse, being forced to transform on full moons, having a disgusting thing called mates. It's sick! I might just be over reacting, but having this so called "gift" got me thrown in this hell hole I call an orphanage.

Anyway, I was just hanging out with my friends when I heard Miss. Wilson, the care-taker, shout something. 

"All girls, 13-17 come into the Lounge room!" Mrs. Wilson shouted. 

My friends and I stayed, we always were ignored since we had that "troubled aura".

It always got boring when someone would visit and ask dumb questions such as "What's your favorite  color?" 

I grab my guitar starting to strum some random notes. Soon everyone was grabbing their instruments and playing along with me. We began to quietly strum the tune of Everybody Hurts by Avril Lavigne 

-small time skip to after song-

I heard Josh's stomach growl, causing mine to respond in a loud gurgling noise. I blush lightly, before speaking.