Chapter 20

Dust silently walked through the alleyway, drug dealers, thugs and just about everyone else that used the shadows of the alleyways to their advantage moved out of the way, seeming to know who Dust was.

Dust paid no attention to them, he didn't care for them either. However, he did mind the occasional thug or thief that thought that Dust was either too weak or had some valuables on him. Dust had quickly killed them without a second thought.

He sighed, it's not like he had a reason to be down here, he was bored and the base was no better. He sighed again before he heard some whispers.

The voices were coming from around the corner. He peeked around the corner and saw two people, one a shark monster the other was a very intimidating human. Both had pinned a much smaller person against the wall.

"Is this the kiddo?"

"Yep, that police guy's gonna pay a bunch to get his younger bro back."

"Maybe we could make a bit more money on the side... Sell him to someone that wants a little monster slave...?"

"Haha! That'll surely get us more money especially if we tell that police guy- what was his name? Stretch?"

"Does it really matter? All that matters is this little guy and the money that we'll be gettin'."

"That is if he doesn't catch us."

Dust sighed, he really wasn't one to play the hero in situations like this but, he did find the two guys to to be so damn annoying.

He slowly walked to them, summoning two deadly sharp bones, aimed them at the two guys, his eye was giving off a purple glow as a warning as he said, "Shut up. You're annoying me." With that the bones swiftly pierced the two guy's souls. The human dropped dead, the monster turned to dust.

The small person that was pinned was Blue, who had fallen to his knees in relief. He didn't look hurt, just a scratch or too. He smiled at him savior, "D-Dust! I didn't expect you to be here!"

Dust calmed down when he saw the cheerful skeleton. "... Are you hurt Blue..?" He asked with his emotionless voice.

Blue just nodded then attempted to stand but, found that his legs were frozen. Dust seemed to notice this as well because he had quickly picked up Blue bridal style.

The smaller skeleton yelped in surprise of the sudden action. "What are you doing?" He asked innocently, holding onto Dust. "I'm taking you to your dorm room. You can't walk, and I might as well do this for you." He said after a moment of thought.

Blue just nodded and relaxed in Dust's grasp, smiling happily at the criminal. Dust looked down at Blue for a moment as he began walking, his grip tightened slightly as he observed the smaller, who appeared to be somewhat... Happy?

Dust seemed to relax when he saw that Blue was happy. It nearly made his smile for a reason unknown to him.