Chapter 17

"Hi, Miss Rios," Mr. Edward greets. We are currently inside a parking lot and I assume one of these expensive cars is theirs.

I smile, "Hello, Sir."

His look switches to Edrei who is done arranging his things at the back seat. He will be going there with his father because he is still not forgiving Ezekiel. I am not asking him anything about his brother since I've learned a very precious lesson from that night.

"Edrei, just go back here before seven," his father said. He just nods and calls me to guide him out of the place.

We are going to the branch. He told me he wants to go there with me before he leave and as a friend, I am more than glad to be with him tonight.

But before we go to the branch, we stopped by the mini bar first to order some drinks.

"What do you want?" He asks. My eyes wander through the different kinds of wine displayed and I am so amazed by how each of them costs.

"I'm alright with water," I suggested but he reprobates.

"Miss, one bottle of Sauvignon Blanc please," he told the lady and she nods at him.

She handed the bottle to Edrei but I am the one who get it. "2, 060? This is too pricey."

"But it tastes good. Trust me," then he grabs his stick and started walking.

He took off his leather shoes as soon as we reached the branch. We sit together and feel the frigidity of the air. The surrounding is getting dark and I cannot see the sun anywhere. All I am able to see are the stars twinkling and the moon that shines so bright.

I remove my slippers. My feet are playing with the fine sand while I am staring at Edrei. His hair is dancing with the air and the shades reflects the light coming from the moon. I look down his lips and I saw him smile.

"I won't be able to feel this freshness for a month," then he laughed.

I put my palms on my both side and look at the stars. "It's just thirty days, Ed."

His lower lip is between his teeth when he sighs. "I hope so."

He hopes so? "What do you mean?"

"I don't know. Don't mind it," he said.

I am not feeling good with his words. But I know he is a person who keeps promises and he will never break it. I put the thought out of my head and move closer to him. I lean my head on his shoulder while he wraps his arms at my back. I love this feeling.

I can hear his breathing and it feels so warm. I raise the bottle of sauvignon blanc and he opens it with the edge of the branch of wood.

"We forgot to ask for glasses," I said but he shakes his head.

"No need for that," he gulps the wine using his lips and I love to watch him as his throat moves.

He handed it to me when he is finished, "Your turn." I laugh and lift my head up to drink the wine without spilling it.

I consume some of it but not over its half. I nod and chuckle, "You're right. It tastes good."

"See? I told you," and he chuckles, too.

After we consumed half of the wine, we decided to have a walk near the water. We are both barefooted so the warmth of the sea can be felt by our feet.