Against my aching body's better judgment, I reached for my grandfather and pulled him into a hug in which he was surprised at the gesture. He was stiff at first but then relaxed just as fast.

"Long time no see grandpa" I whispered, tears brimming in my eyes.

We pulled apart and I saw that his eyes held unshed tears as well. He smiled as he placed a hand on my cheek, stroking away the tears.

"Long time indeed my darling little luna" he said as he kissed my forehead.

I cried harder as he gently patted my back, careful not to put pressure on my wound.

"I guess I'm not that fierce after all. I'm such a crybaby" I said chuckling.

"Even the bravest men cry when it comes to family and love ones. I cried so hard when I lost your parents..." he said, a sad smile on his face.

"Can you tell me about them?" I asked.

"Of course my dear. Where do you want to start?" He asked encouragingly.

"I'm ashamed to ask, but I honestly don't remember a thing... maybe we could start with their names?" I offered shyly.

People may think what kind of daughter I was for forgetting her parents' names, but the way I grew up, the brainwashing I gone through.. you can't really blame me for not knowing a huge chunk of my childhood.

"I understand, It's not your fault" he said patting my shoulder. He smiled reassuringly at me as he continued.

"Your father's name, my only son, is Nikolai Lunanov and your mother's name is-"

"Alyona" I said.

"Yes, Alyona Siciliano, the name I called you when we first met.

They first met when I was training Nikolai to take over the business. Alyona was a maid and only one of the few who can handle Nikolai's temper and at the same time whom my son confides in.

They were both young and soon enough fell in love. But that wasn't as easy as it sound. My son was arranged to be married to a daughter of another powerful mafia, the Aleksandrovs only daughter, Dimitri's Aunt. I was best friends with the head of the Aleksandrovs and it was a long standing promise to unite both families through a marital union"

"What happened then?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Well you see, Nikolai inherited his mother's hard headedness and refused to marry the girl. And it seems the feelings are mutual since the Aleksandrov's daughter ran away with her lover. Soon enough your mother fell pregnant with you and it was only necessary for the two to get married. We are still religious people who believed on the sacredness of marriage even though we deal with crimes"

My grandfather continued on telling me stories of how my father and mother would fight but then get back together since they had me. He told stories of how the mansion was always filled with laughter and that the men of the mafia always turned soft when it came to my so-called toddler charms. He also mentioned how the friendship was always passed on between both families since my father was best friends with their son and that I was also best buddies with Dimitri. We laughed and had tears in our eyes as he recalled the fond memories of the past.