Chapter Eight

I grabbed the razor and turned the faucet on. I let out a shaky breath before sliding the razor across my wrist forming a deep cut. One for every beating from my dad, one for every beating from Colin, one for every name I've been called.

"Charlie! Charlie No!" I heard Ian shout before grabbing the razor from me. "Look at me!" He said grabbing my arms. I didn't, I kept my eyes on the floor. He looked as if he was gonna cry before setting me on the counter and grabbing stuff to clean my wrist.

"Why?" He asked. "I don't wanna talk about it," I mumbled. "Charlie," he said grabbing my cheeks making me look at him. "Please," he said with tears in his eyes. "Doesn't matter," I mumbled. He pursed his lips to a thin line but let go of my face and hugged me. I laid my head on his chest and he hugged me. "Charlie, please," he said pulling away. "Come talk to me, don't do this," he pleaded. I looked down and he put the stuff away. "Come on," he said getting me off the counter and grabbed my hand going downstairs.

"Lets watch TV," he said grabbing the remote. I sat on the couch, Indian style, and he sat next to me. He wrapped his arm around me and I snuggled into his side. I find comfort with him. I found comfort with Russell but I feel more with Ian. He rubbed my back and pulled me into his lap and hugged me while watching TV. "Charlie?" "Hm?" "Please, I need to know why you did that," he said hugging me. "It doesn't matter," I mumbled. He pulled away from me and looked me in the eye. "I love you, so much! And it would kill me if anything happened to you," he said. I nodded. "I love you too," I said. He smiled at me and hugged me. I snuggled into his chest and closed my eyes while he held me close. He rubbed my back and I drifted to sleep in his arms, feeling safe.

"Charlie," I heard. I groaned and hid my face in whatever I was on. "Wake up, it's time for dinner!" I heard Ian. "No," I groaned and stayed put. I heard him chuckled and whatever I was laying on move along with his chuckling, that's when I realized I was laying on his chest. "Come on, we can go out, we can find something here, order a pizza, whatever you want," he said patting my back. "Pizza," I mumbled. He chuckled before patting my back. "If I order the pizza you need to get up," he said. I groaned but opened my eyes. "There we go!" He smiled. I smiled back and sat up rubbing my eyes.

"What kind do you want?" He asked pulling his phone out. "Cheese," I mumbled, sitting Indian style facing him. He smiled at me and ruffled my hair before calling the pizza shop. Is Russell Okay? I thought before getting up and going to get my phone. I grabbed it and tried calling him. He didn't answer and I got worried. Then, the doorbell rang. I looked at Ian and he looked confused before going to open the door. "Mr. Somerhalder?" "That's me, can I help you?" Ian asked the mystery person. I walked behind him to see. "Are you Charles Johnson?" The police officer asked. I nodded. "I'm sorry, but we found your brother, Russell's, body in the creek," he said.

"Does that mean?"  I asked. He nodded. I looked at Ian and he had tears on his face. "He-he can't be! It's not true!" I cried. "Thank you officer," Ian said. The officer nodded and handed him some papers before walking off. Ian shut the door and turned to me. "Charlie," he said taking a step towards me. "He's lying! He's not dead!" I screamed and sobbed. "Charlie, I'm so so sorry," he said putting the papers down and walking to me. I turned and tried to run off but he grabbed me. "No! He's lying! He's lying!" I screamed, my voice cracking at the end. "Shh," Ian shushed gently pulling me into a hug. "No!" I sobbed and struggled in his grip. He just held me. I finally gave out and sobbed into his chest.

"It'll be okay," he said while hugging me and rubbing my back. After about twenty minutes my sobs died down to sniffles. He lifted me up and carried me to the couch. "Lets watch a movie," he said wiping the tears from his face. I nodded sadly. Russell loved movies. "Charlie," I looked up. "I love you so much!" Ian said putting his hand on my cheek. "I love you too," I said looking at him. He kissed my head put a movie in. He sat next to me and held me while watching the movie. I didn't pay attention much. I was too busy thinking. The doorbell rang again and Ian got up to get it. "Thank you!" I heard Ian.

"Pizza, Charlie," Ian called. I got up and went to the kitchen. "I'm not hungry anymore," I mumbled. "Charlie, please, eat some," Ian begged. I reluctantly grabbed a plate and grabbed two pieces. He smiled and grabbed his own. We went to the living room and watched TV and ate pizza. I finished along with Ian and we went upstairs and got ready for bed.

I put on some plaid pants and a white shirt. I walked to my bed but stopped. I don't wanna sleep alone tonight. I walked to Ian's room and knocked. He opened the door and put his shirt on. "What's wrong Charlie?" He asked. "Can I sleep with you tonight?" I asked him sadly. He smiled sadly at me. "Of course," he said. I walked into the room and to the bed. I climbed in and he got in next to me. He pulled me to him and I hugged him and drifted to sleep. Which was very hard because I couldn't stop thinking about Russell.