• 1 •

I sigh and stare at my wall of my bedroom. My last day of highschool. I'm still dating Charles after a few years; we still don't get along, and we never really broke up at all. We both know that.

Today is the day I break up with Charles.

You may be asking about Joseph. Ugh.

I hate him too.

He always is staring at me, sussing me out. Always talking about me. Nobody ever really says if it's bad or good. He just talks about how I used to act.

Always just forever on my mind as well. That's the only thing I can't stop.

I've hated my parents too. Ever since that day they forced me to date Charles. Nothing has come out of it except hatred.

The only two people out of all of this I don't hate are Blake and Adara. I ended up hating Mark and Aaron too. They began to hang out with Joseph.

And now Charles is hanging around the wrong people. Geo, Zach, all those fuckboys. They treat me horribly.

You know... It's funny. How much someone changes after they promise they won't.

I walk up to Charles when I see him at his locker talking with his stupid friends.

"We need to talk," I say, and his friends all make that annoying 'oooo' sound behind him.

"What is it?" Charles asks, clearly annoyed of my presence.

I glare at him. How dare he speak to me like that. "We never broke up. So, I'm breaking up with you. Asshole."

All his friends go crazy, as I walk away, flipping him off over my shoulder.

What an asshole he's become.

As I'm walking off, I see behind me was standing Mark, Aaron and Joseph as Aaron's locker. They're all staring at me, and Joseph's mouth is open in a little surprise. Not hatred.

I roll my eyes at them, and walk away.

Thank God that's all over.

----

I stared at my outfit in the mirror. Tonight, we graduated, then had two hours break before our formal.

I couldn't wait for this all to be over so I could just find a real job and move out.

1 hour later

"Hanna Crowley," I hear the principal say, and I walk up. Everyone claps and cheers just like they did to every other student. Nothing special.

I do what I'm told to. Grab my diploma, I smile at the camera, shake my principal's hand, then walk offstage.

"Congratulations," the principal smiles, and I nod and smile back.

I walk offstage, and wait for the rest of the ceremony to be over.

"Adara Griffin."

"Joseph Birlem."

"Charles Gitnick."

"Mark Thomas."

"Aaron Melloul."

"Blake Gray."

All the names came out that I knew.

Then, my parents and I go home to get ready for my formal.

----

I stare at myself in the mirror like I did three hours ago, but this time, I look much different. I'm wearing a black, off the shoulder floor length dress with a side split.

I slip my shoes on. My makeup was already done for me by Adara, who was really good at it. Then, we picked Blake up in my car, and drove to prom.

Once we arrived, memories of everything came flooding through. We saw photos through the years, and I went back to tenth grade. A picture caught my eye, and I couldn't stop staring at it once I saw it.

Joseph Birlem and I, in science class. Taking notes. We were talking in the picture. It meant nothing at the time that someone was taking pictures of us.

It also meant nothing now.

But in a different way.

I sighed, and closed my eyes. I felt tears rush to them.

'I shouldn't be here,' I think to myself.

I walk to Adara and Blake, who are dancing and having fun.

"I have to go," I say to Adara, and she looks at me, concerned.

"You okay?" She asks. I nod.

"Talk to you later, okay? Have fun," I reply, and we hug.

She knows that I wouldn't like an environment like this. So she understands. I walk outside to the parking lot.

I unlock my car and hop in. I close my eyes and rest my head on the steering wheel.

And then,

I cry.

----

A/n

Ahhh you guys excited?

-Chloe xxx