Chapter 13 - Bad Things

Comenzar desde el principio

Involuntarily, a tear slid from my eye. "Hey, what's wrong? Did I go to far?" Greg wiped away the single tear from my cheek. I felt embarrassed and took a heavy sigh.

"Uhm, no. I don't know what's coming over me right now. My brain is just so... quiet. It's never this peaceful in here. Let me enjoy the silence." I rolled down the passenger side window a few inches and revelled in the winds whistle. My ears unpopped. My body unraveled.

Greg left me in peace, other than the continued teasing on my inner thigh. It left me breathless. I didn't need air anyways.

In almost too quick of time, we pulled up to his house. It was a quaint, white brick home with a bent-up roof and out-of-place red doors. The garage was a detached, one car shed behind the home, with bikes and a Little Tikes toy car littering the driveway. It reminded me of my first foster home, with the floor that always felt like it was caving in just a little.

Greg insisted on opening the door for me, and made me wait in the car. I watched as he jogged across the front with a goofy smile to open my side of the door.

He didn't waste a second once we were inside and the door was closed. He had me pressed against the cold wall with his lips on mine and his hands on my face. I told myself this would be our fist kiss.

I attempted to pull him into me more but he caught my wrists in his callused hands and pushed them to my sides. "Let's get you in more comfortable clothes," he said, punctuating with a kiss on my forehead.

He took me to his room where I was greeted to walls covered in sketches and designs. Small figures made of cans and wires decorated his shelves.

"Here," he put a pile of grey clothes in my hands— a sweater an sweatpants.

"Ooo grey sweats, I'd much rather see you wearing these," I laughed.

He chuckled, "just change!"

Before he could walk out of the room I took him by the hand and stopped him. "Don't you wanna watch me..." I smirked at him devilishly.

Greg closed his eyes and sighed with a smile. I could tell he was trying to be good, but good didn't fit well on him.

"Later. I have some stuff I want to show you first."

He exited the room and closed his door on the way out. I let out my disappointment with a sigh. The time alone did, though, give me an opportunity to look more at his sketches.

He drew a lot of cars, some robots, and even a few buildings. Near his closet I found a watercolour portrait of his beloved chevy, tentacles and all. Over his bed frame there was a long, horizontal display of car parts drawn in deep detail.

The most interesting of all the pictures was a large, detailed sketch of a city scape. It had no sky or background, just an array of buildings and bridges connecting different parts. Centring the city was a mock Statue of Liberty with dark flowing hair and a spatula in her had instead of a torch.

I stopped snooping and threw the clothes he gave me on to get rid of suspicion (though I still kinda wanted him to walk in with me half naked). I put my school clothes on top of his desk, neatly folded in a small form to not take up too much room.

When I walked downstairs, Greg was making Kraft dinner to The Weekend by Sza.

"Damn, bitches love Sza," I said while his back was turned, slightly frightening him.

"You scared me!" he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder, giving me a very light spank. I held in my sadness.

"Put me down dickface!" he placed me on the counter laughing, so I punched his shoulder.