Chapter 13 - Bad Things

I dropped ten bucks on the table and escaped from the diner as fast as possible. I wanted to answer his question, I really did, but I know he knew the answer. I had told him before. He was just trying to embarrass me further about it.

He knew I liked him, no matter how much I didn't want to. I had implied it before, I show it. Guys like Greg know that girls don't just hook up with guys. He was a player; it was in his step. He had to know... right?

"Virvanna!" He yelled as I tried to escape down the sidewalk. "Virvanna, wait! Stop!" the overflow of emotions slowed me down, making me unable to run from him. He caught up to me, and pinned me to his car by my arms. I didn't protest. "I like you."

"Don't just tell me shit to get what you want from me..."

"No. Virvanna, I like you. Like for real. I want to know you. Like really know you, in a way that Alex doesn't. In a way that Hannah or whoever never will. In a way that I wouldn't if we just kept pretending to hate each other."

"You're not good for me—"

"You're not good for yourself Virvanna. I've seen it before. Girls who build walls and carry this badass attitude. You don't have to be on all the time you know."

"You have NO clue," I tired to push him away but he pinned me harder.

"We're not done our conversation, Virvanna. I know what's running through your mind. I figured it out in the parking lot weeks ago.

"You stick up for yourself, and you're good at it. Cause you've been doing it forever. You never don't have to stick up for yourself, cause you're always under attack right? And you always voice your opinion, cause you know you're the only one who knows how to.

"And you're a control freak. You like to be in charge, in control, because it makes it easier to run and leave things behind. Can't get your heart broken if you don't have one, right? You're so used to it just being you, but it doesn't have to be that way."

I looked down, but Greg forced me to look at him by grabbing my chin.

"You're tired, goddammit! Tell me I'm wrong?" he smirked.

I sighed. "You... Ugh, I can't."

He moved away a braid from my face, like Arie does. Like Arie used to. "Let me take care of you. I want to give you a break. You don't have to think or try so hard around me. It hurts, cause I already like you. You have nothing to prove anymore. I know you can kick my ass, alright?" We both laughed. Then he bent down in my ear, and with a demanding whisper, he said, "Tell me you like me."

With no hesitation, I breathed out, "I like you." It shocked me, the way I was so quick to give in to him now.

"You can trust me, Virvanna," he said, kissing my cheek. "I just want you to breath." he kissed my jaw, moving his hand to my neck and forcing my head up to his access. "Relax." He kissed my neck, and I let out an involuntary moan disguised with a sigh. "Go in the car," he demanded, with the most peaceful voice I've ever been ordered with. And I listened. I goddamn listened and I liked it.

As he drove, he kept a hand on my leg, hiking up the hem of my school skirt.

"Where are we going?" I asked timidly.

"My house. It's empty. And you look like you could use some relief," he smirked for the umpteenth time. "Your legs are shaking." I bit my lip in embarrassment from how easily he got to me. "If you bite your lip we won't even make it home."