IMAGINE FIVE - Heavy Hauls

"All do-" Y/n paused. She gradually yawned. "All done."

Y/n dropped a bag of carrots on the ground next to the other piles of vegetables. Y/n loved her job as a Track-Hoe. Planting and harvesting always interested her. She didn't know why, but it did.

Y/n slowly walked to the next line of crops to harvest. Her working had been slow today. The past week, she has been trying to plant and harvest a bunch of crops. Frypan claims he is running low on some crops, so being a nice friend, y/n has vollenteered to help him out the best she could.

Her back was a little sore. It was a little after lunch and the sun burned down on her skin. Beads of sweat trickled down her forehead, into her mouth, and down her shirt. If it wasn't for her shirt being black, she would be drenched in stains of sweat. Not to appealing, she thought.

Y/n bent down to pull out some more carrots from the ground. She pulled as hard as she could but her energy level was low. The root would not budge, but when it did, it sent y/n falling backwards onto her back on the soil. Covered in dirt, y/n groaned and came to her feet. She angrily threw the carrot in the basket. The carrot did although bounce out and fell to the ground. In frustration, she kicked the basket.

A loud snicker came from up above. Y/n jerked her head up to see who it was.

Newt.

He leaned on the doorway of the Homestead, carefully examining y/n. Y/n smiled at the sight of her boyfriend. She shrugged her shoulders and pointed at the annoyingly stupid carrot.

Avoiding her problems with harvesting carrots, y/n continued to work tiredly. She picked up her shovel lazily and began to do her work. Without realizing it, she had tried to sleep while leaning on the shovel with her chin rested on the top of the wood. Whenever she caught herself drowsing away, she realized that Newt had disappeared.

Y/n looked around for Newt. She couldn't find him from her spot. Y/n figured he had went to go deal with something or went back in the Homestead.

-

"Man, y/n, you look shucking tired." Frypan joked as he handed y/n her dinner. She forced a laugh. Y/n was really tired though. Newt always had to wake her up because she has been oversleeping. Of course, Newt being the careful boyfriend he is tries to get her to take a day off. Y/n always turns down the offer, although she wanted to sleep all day. But she thought it was unfair to the other boys.

Y/n sat next to her friends, Chuck and Thomas. "Anything new out there, Tom?" Thomas jerked his head up to look at y/n.

"Same old Maze. Nothing new." Thomas replied. Y/n noticed the seat next to her was still empty.

"Where is Newt?" She asked the boys who were stuffing their mouths. They both shrugged absent minded. Y/n looked around as she did when she was working. But this time she found Newt. He was walking straight toward her, ready to sit down.

"Hey Newt."

"How much sleep have you really been gettin'?" Newt didn't sound mad, but he didn't sound happy. Thomas and Chuck awkwardly shifted in their seats. They always were around whenever Newt gave y/n a deep talk.

"I've been get plenty of sleep." Y/n lied to make Newt feel better.

"Don't lie to me!" Newt raised his voice slightly. Chuck leaned over and slowly ate his food, watching the exchange between Newt and y/n.

"Not much, I guess." Y/n confessed. It really isn't a big deal. Newt did worry about the smallest of things.

"Love, you need to take a day off from work. Regain your energy." Newt softly told y/n. He put his large hand on her thigh. Y/n put her hand on his hand.

"Once I'm done, I'll go back to our room and fall asleep instantly." Y/n lied. She told Zart that she would clean up everything when she was done with dinner. Newt looked y/n dead in the eye.

"You better keep your word, love. I'll be there in at least fourty minutes." Newt kissed y/n's forehead and left. Y/n watched in worry as Newt limped away. Thomas opened his mouth to speak, but y/n quickly ran off to the crop field.

Y/n tried to work as quick as she could. She had to put away supplies after she finished planting one last seed. Then she had to deliver the crops to Frypan's kitchen without Newt seeing her. She ran with the garden tools to the shed. Y/n had to take at least four trips back and forth. It had been twenty minutes later until she went to go take the crops to Frypan. She ran to the kitchen, but Newt was around the guys eating his own dinner. Y/n whispered a plan to herself.

Whenever Newt leaned down to eat a scoopful of Frypan's soup, y/n ran for it into the kitchen. She burst in there as quick as she could, almost falling to the ground. "Oh hey y/n. Shouldn't you be sleeping." Frypan asked.

"I have to give you at least six more bags full. I'll be right back." Y/n turned to leave, but Frypan gently grabbed her arm.

"Are you sure? I'll go out there and get them myself." Frypan offered. Y/n shook her head.

"No that's fine. I got them." Y/n said and then left before she could be stopped. Running past Newt was very risky. She knew after Newt was finished eating, he would happily limp to his room and ready to give his girlfriend a goodnight's kiss. He would look forward to cuddle with her and rubbing her arms to help her sleep. But y/n only had at least ten more minutes.

She quickly hustled back and forth without getting caught. Once she had the last bags full, she gently placed them in Frypan's kitchen. Frypan was cleaning up the kitchen for no one else had came to eat. Some boys were still eating and when she came back Newt was still chatting.

Frypan thanked y/n for her heavy hauls. Y/n talked to Frypan for a few seconds, but then left. Once she left, her heart skipped a beat as she saw that Newt was gone.

The light in the Glade had all disappeared, the doors were closed, and the torches were lit. Newt and Alby were the ones to light the torches. This gave y/n some more time. She still had to go put two more tools up and lock the shed.

That took her only three minutes. Her legs were so tired, she didn't know if she could walk anymore. Y/n's brain stopped thinking properly and she sat down against a tree. Her head rolled back and forth against the slim tree. Y/n could barely hold herself up against the tree or she would've fallen to the grass. Her eyes squinted then opened. Y/n's vision became blurry. The last image she saw was a tall figure running towards her. Then she was out.

-

Y/n woke up with start once she felt herself being placed onto a bed. She freaked out until she realized it was just Newt putting her to sleep. Y/n sighed.

"I'm sorry, Newt." Y/n apologized.

"You didn't have to lie to me." Newt said as he took off y/n's shoes. It felt good to y/n to finally have her shoes off. Her feet burned from running back and forth.

"You would've been mad." She said half asleep. Newt took off his leather shoes and placed them neatly on next to the door.

"I wouldn't have been buggin' mad." Newt slightly chuckled. He grabbed the bottom of y/n dirty shirt and gently took it off, leaving y/n in her tanktop.

"Aren't you mad now? I lied to you." Y/n mumbled, not even knowing what she is saying.

"I will never be mad at you, y/n. I love you and all I care about is you being safe." Newt whispered as he tucked y/n underneath the blankets.

"I love you too." Y/n slowly mumbled as she passed out on the bed. Newt laid next to her underneath the blankets.

Newt planted a long kiss on the forehead for y/n.

"I will always love you."