"What do we need to do?" Lorenzo asked. Mia could hear the defeat in his voice, but she wasn't about to let them give up so easily.

"I need you to hack into the building's security system," Mia told him, "trigger some computer alarms, make firewalls pop up. Whatever it is, I need you to get Orabella out of her office long enough to get myself in and onto her computer."

Lorenzo scoffed, shaking his head in disbelief. "Are you kidding me, Mia? You want me to hack into the DIS? Questo è ridicolo!" 

"I won't be able to find out why your fratello's name is on a list or how it links to my partner being assassinated!" Mia shouted. She didn't mean to snap or get angry, but she just needed something else to help her understand exactly what the hell is going on. 

Lorenzo sighed, his eyes piercing into Mia's own. She could see his mind cogs turning, thinking. After what felt like an eternity of silence, Lorenzo began nodding.

 "Fine. I'll do it. But only if you tell me everything you find and that you stay safe," Lorenzo said, compromising where he could. Mia nodded in return, a breath of slight relief escaping her red lips.

 "When are we doing this?" Lorenzo asked. 

When Mia turned around and was almost took back to see that Lorenzo had pulled out his modified laptop from his worn-out shoulder bag that was covered in various stains, some of which she wished she hadn't seen. 

 "I'm going to head back now and I'll give you a heads up when I'm ready for you to do your thing. We won't have long so make sure to give yourself enough time to cover your tracks." 

"I know, I know. It's not the first time hacking into a big place like this, remember?" Lorenzo stated, a cheeky smirk growing on his face. Mia tried to hold back the small smile, but it proved futile as a smile curled up on her lips.

 "Be careful, Mia," Lorenzo said, the smirk turned into something more sincere and caring and Mia's own face reflected it. 

"Always."

 * 

The sound of computers whirring and people talking to each other filled up the DIS as everyone got on with what they were assigned. The building was chilly, the cold spring air leaking in from somewhere. The annoying grunt of the heaters trying to work erupted every once in a while, but there was barely any warmth actually being produced.

 Agent Ceresa paroled the floor he was stationed, watching over the others like a falcon, making sure nothing was amiss. He sauntered around the cubicles, eyes glazing over people's computer screens briefly before moving on. 

 He stopped himself when he reached Caterina's cubicle. A few flowers lay on the desk and a cream colored candle burned bright in front of a picture of Caterina herself, in memory of the deceased agent. Ceresa slipped inside, tapping on the mouse of her computer, waking it from sleep mode. When the screen shimmered into view, a pop-up caught his immediate attention. 

 FILE SUCCESSFULLY PRINTED

 A devilish smile curled up on the corner's of Ceresa's mouth. He stood from the computer and walked quickly, his feet tapping against the green carpet as he made his way straight for Orabella's office. He knew that someone would normally feel bad for what he was about to do but that's why the agency hired him – to do the things others may hesitate doing. 

 He brushed through the doors of the office to find Orabella typing away at her computer. She barely had the chance to even look up before Ceresa began speaking. 

 "I found something on Caterina's computer," Ceresa stated, plotting himself right in front of Orabella's desk. 

"What do you mean found something?" Orabella asked, meeting Ceresa's stare with curious eyes.