석민 - Hello

Seokmin's POV

I sighed for the nth time today, staring at Jaehee. She's currently at the table across from mine, laughing with her friends. I sighed again. People have been complimenting my smile, telling me how it is the brightest smile they have ever seen. But have they ever seen her smile? Her smile can stop wars, I tell you.

No one's POV

A nudge brought Seokmin out of his thoughts.

"She's not gonna walk up here and say hello to you if you just stare at her, Seokmin." Seungcheol said, wiggling his eyebrows at him.

Seokmin whined, clinging into the older boy, "But I'm scared she won't notice meeee. What can I do for her to notice me?" He pouted.

"I dunno. Smile at her with your blindingly bright smile or something. You can figure it out. You're Lee Seokmin." Seungcheol patted his hair before standing up, pulling the distraught boy with him. "You can think of ways later, but for now, it's class time."

School ended with Seokmin still sulking about his lack of communication with his crush since school started. His friends saw his sullen state and brought him to the arcade at a local mall to somehow cheer him up.

Well, it did cheer him up, but not for long.

He was screaming with the others while Soonyoung was very focused on the claw machine when he saw Jaehee with her friends at the food court just across the arcade. Like usual, she was smiling happily while chatting away with her friends. But what hurt him was the fact that they had a few boys with them, the ratio of boys and girls being 1:1

Must be a group blind date. He thought bitterly.

The 12 other boys saw his again sad puppy face and looked at where he was looking. They all sighed internally at the problem their friend had and dragged him at the innermost part of the arcade where the food court was not visible.

After another hour of playing, with Seokmin sulking behind, they decided to eat at the food court before going home. While eating, Joshua noticed something a few tables in front of them and nudged Seokmin who was picking on his food.

"Seokmin-ah, isn't that Jaehee? She's alone though...?" At the mention of her name, Seokmin immediately looked up and saw you, and you're really by yourself, no friends and no blind date.

"You should go to her hyung." Chan whisper-shouted.

A series of hushed 'yeah!' made Seokmin's confidence grow and so at last, after many months of just staring at you, he will finally have the courage to say hello.

Walking half confidently half nervously to you, he kept on tugging at his sleeve and biting his lower lip, mentally memorizing his long overdue script he made just in case he talked to you. He stopped at your side and faked a cough, causing you to look at him.

"H-hello. Uh, my name is Lee Seokmin. Can I... can I seat with y-you...?" He stuttered, which you found cute.

You smiled brightly and nodded, making him sigh in relief and slid into the seat across yours. You stared at him in confusion before having an expression as if there was a light bulb lighting on top of your head.

"Wait! You're from that Seventeen squad at school, right?" You asked.

He just nodded.

"So that's why your face is familiar." You grinned, and Seokmin swore his heart just stopped. Actually, you're more than just familiar...

"Oh, where are my manners," you bowed lightly in your seat "I'm Lee Jaehee. I don't know if you noticed, but we have math and Korean literature together." You mumbled, suddenly feeling shy with blush creeping up on your face. Now it's Seokmin's turn to grin. He felt joyful that he can make you blush.

"I noticed, Jaehee-ssi. You're really good at math, and the poems you recite at Korean literature are great too, even greater than Jisoo hyung!" He exclaimed, making you giggle at his words.

Seokmin took a glance at his friends' table and saw them looking at him with a 'thumbs up' position. He shook his head at them and looked at his crush, who apparently had been staring at him with a soft smile on her face. Before he can feel embarrassed, he felt his heart thump very fast from the sight. Jaehee, from the days he looked at her, was always smiling widely and laughing. This is the first time he actually saw her with a soft small smile on her face. And even though he also likes overly happy Jaehee, his heart just stops at this soft Jaehee.

The both of them coughed awkwardly and stared at anywhere but each other. Seokmin broke the silence.

"Do you, do you want to take a walk in the park?" He asked.

You nodded, pushing the awkward feeling aside and you both stood up, heading to the park.

With a popsicle each, you were sitting at a bench overlooking the city. Seokmin stole a glance and saw you with that same serene smile on your face. Mustering up the courage, he blurted out,

"Jaehee-ssi, I know we just talked today, but I wanna say that I've liked you since school started. I wasn't confident with myself so I never confessed, and even approached you. If I'm not being pushy, can I court you...?" He confessed, not looking at you but rather the scenery in front.

You gawked at him. Not only were you surprised that he confessed, you were also surprised that he's been going through the same dilemma as him. Yeah, you like him, but who wouldn't right? He's Lee freaking Seokmin. Also known as the member of the choir club with the voice of an angel who smiles literally like an angel. Really. You swear, his voice can stop wars.

Feeling a bit courageous, you softly grabbed his hand, making him the one gawking at your hands, then at you.

"Actually... uh, I like you too, Seokmin-ssi. It was just a few weeks after school started. I was passing by some room and I heard you singing. Since then you caught my attention and I also saw how kind you are and how nice your smile is..." you confessed, scratching your nape shyly.

Fighting off a massive grin on his face, he engulfed you in his arms and muttered,

"I'm so glad I said hello to you today."