明浩 - 고백

You woke up to a nudge on your side and a soft voice.

"Sunhee-ah, wake up. Today's a very special day~"

You yawned while sitting up, rubbing your eyes sleepily. You slowly opened your eyes to see your best friend Minghao at the side of your bed holding a cupcake with a small lit candle, smiling cutely at you.

"Happy five years of friendship, Sunhee." He greeted.

You grinned happily and stood in front of him, blowing the candle.

"Thank you for the greeting and cupcake oppa," you beamed at him "and also, thank you for remembering. Not many people remember friendship anniversaries nowadays." You pouted.

He just smiled, setting aside the cupcake on your bedside table and softly pinched your cheeks.

"How can I forget the day we became friends?" He chuckled "You get ready for school while I help your mom prepare lunch for the both of us."

You nodded in response and ushered him out of your room and started preparing for school.

After a few minutes you were done, uniform, hair, light makeup and everything. You skipped down the stairs to the kitchen and saw your favorite foods, tangsuyuk, two rolls of kimbap, a small serving of kimchi and pickled radish. You squealed in delight and ran to your mom, hugging her tightly and pressing a kiss on her cheek, then turning to Minghao, who has a bashful smile on his face, and also tackled him in a tight hug.

You walked side by side to school, chatting away happily. You saw Jun leaning against your locker and ran up to him.

"Good morning Junhui-oppa." "Good morning hyung."

Jun lazily smiled at the two of you

"Good morning to the both of you too," he turned to Minghao, "Class is starting in a few minutes, let's go?" He asked, to which Minghao nodded and turned to you, smiling, "See you at lunch, Sunhee-ah."

You hummed in reply "See you!" And proceeded to your first class.

Classes rolled smoothly and before you know it, lunch time has come. Knowing full well that Minghao and the boys took their time in fixing their things before eating, you went to their classroom and just as you expected, only a few students aside from them are still there. Minghao was the first to notice you and he immediately beamed, something his classmates, aside from his friends, rarely sees. You see, Minghao doesn't really display his emotions much around people he isn't close to, that's why only you and his friends are the only people who can open him up.

Lunch with the guys, were, as usual, very loud and fun, courtesy of the gag trio. You both shared your lunch that can feed more than two people and of course, the boys were more than willing to eat it.

"Ming-ah, Sun-ah, today's the fifth year of your friendship, right? Any plans after school?" Seungcheol asked while munching on his lunch.

You nodded excitedly "We're gonna go to the amusement park~!"

You were so engrossed in telling the boys about your excitement towards the day that you didn't notice Minghao's lovestruck glances towards you.

Finally, classes ended and the both of you are huddled up at the back seat of the bus, listening to music together. You were fast asleep, head on his shoulder, with his head resting atop of yours. When he woke you up from your slumber, you jolted awake and literally dragged him out of the bus and into the amusement park.

Rides after rides the both of you went, your energy never seeming to lower. After riding the biggest roller coaster, you both went on a quick break, buying corndogs to relieve your hunger from your activities.

"Sunhee-ah, let's go over there." He pointed to the ferris wheel. You agreed and started getting in line.

Finally it was your turn to go to the ferris wheel. The both of you settled in the mobile and took pictures while it was being raised upwards. When your mobile was at the highest point, Minghao suddenly stood up and bowed a full 90 degrees to you.

"I like you! I really like you ever since we met five years ago. I, Xu Minghao, really really like you! I'd be the happiest man if you agree to let me court you!" He said, his eyes casted downwards.

You were shocked. Everybody kept on saying that Minghao reciprocated your feelings towards him but you were really in denial because you think they're just saying that because they know of your feelings towards your best friend. But seeing him like this, confessing his heart to you, made you tear up. You put a hand on his shoulder, sniffing.

"You really mean all of that?"

He nodded, still not getting up from his bow.

"Minghao oppa, you can look up at me, you know." He slowly raised from his bow and looked anywhere but you. You giggled and cupped his cheeks, making him face you. You gave a light peck on his lips and grinned at him.

"I like you too."