Chapter 12: Seasons run

————
My fears, my doubts
They're slowly creeping out
And they're intensified
The first drop hits my windowpane
And the emotions start flooding
————
Grayson's POV
Taylor's car speeds away and my heart breaks all over again. I look down the road and hear her driving off into the distance.
All I want is to go after her. That's all I want.
My anger builds up inside of me, wondering how I let something so stupid ruin everything between us. I can't control my body. Everything feels like I'm being controlled. I walk back to my house and slam the door behind me. My hands move into my head as I crouch on the ground trying desperately to piece together what I've just done.
"Gray," I feel Ethan touch my back. I can't feel myself move. I can't even feel anything when I punch my hand into the window. Shards falling all around me. My hands bleeding but I don't even care at this point.
I ruined something so good. The only thing in her life and mine that was good.
Even if it was in the pitch black of night, she could bring the sun above me, dangling it over my head.
And when we kissed. Man. When we kissed all the pain in the world disappeared. All the tears wasted on useless shit fell back into my eyes. Nothing bad in my life mattered when I was with her. How a privilege it was to be in her presence.
I look down at my hand and Ethan's already dragging me out of the house to the car.
"Gray we've got to take you to hospital," he holds a compress for me to hold and I use it. I see Emily walking outside of my house.
She yells something at Ethan and he says something back and opens the door to the drivers seat.
We begin to drive away and in the distance I see flashing lights.
What the hell is going on?
As we come closer I see two cars that have collided and my heart falls to the ground and breaks into a million pieces.
It's hers.
Her car, smashed to pieces.
I see police officers investing the scene and yell at Ethan to pull over. He does.
I open the car door and stumble out to vomit. It can't be her. She has to be ok.
I walk over to the scene, trying not to fall over.
"What happened?" I ask, panicked. My heart begins beating heavily in my chest again. I feel myself beginning to shake viciously.
Everything hurts.
"I'm afraid we can't give any information about the collide," he says
"She'-SHES my friend," I stop myself before saying girlfriend. I don't think she would want that ever again.
"I'm sorry, we aren't allowed to until we've been given all the information," I feel Ethan begin to tug me back into the car and I oblige.

He finally gets me in and starts driving me. Tears are falling down his cheeks.
"I did this Ethan," I choke out. The lump forming at the back of my throat is intoxicating.
He says nothing, but continues to drive.
"You really fucked up Grayson. I hope to god she's ok," I look back over to him and think of the actions leading up to me again.
She's so beautiful. Not just her outside but on the inside. I can't cause her mother and father to go through another child dying from a car crash. That can't happen.
The way she spoke and thought left me mesmerised.
It begins raining.
And it's as if the worlds grieving too.
Because the suns staying the hell away from us.
———
Here comes the rain again
It always has an affect on me
Don't know
How
The seasons run
I always feel like I'm in between