Chapter Five--(part 2) Rooms and moons

Hi All, Here is a chapter for you! Kellan and Jaxon? OH, my! Have fun reading and commenting. In the #wattpadblockparty happening right now, I'll be posting an interview with Jax and Kellan. You WON'T want to miss it. The post is coming out FEB 18th.

Also for the month of February, you can WIN a signed copy of Undeath by Chocolate! ENTER here: https://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/27854a79547/

I stared at the open tent flap and backed up a step. "You mean, share a tent? Maybe I'm more old-fashioned than I thought."

"In Acklemar, couples share a room during the last few moons of their promising." He washed his hand down the length of my hair, then lifted my chin. "We're only a few days before our promising day, and you know I love you."

It wasn't staying in the tent that scared me, but his expectations.

"Wren?" Elena called.

What's going on that's making your heart race? Kellan said interrupting my thoughts.

There seems to be a little disagreement about my sleeping arrangements, that's all.

Kellan rubbed his eyes like I might have woken him. I felt his energy caress with mine and access my senses. Come on Wren, show me what has you in a fit.

I lifted my sight to the tent with my belonging and Jaxon's.

The bugger would try something like that. Kellan pitched the bridge of his nose. You're not planning on spending the night alone with him, are you? His voice cracked.

He's the one who put all my stuff in there, not me.

I'm sure his father ensured all the living arrangements were noted in the contract correctly, so he's likely well within his right. Kellan paced back and forth.

"Wren, are you coming?" Elena stuck her head out of the tent.

This late in the contract, I'm sure the cohabitation date has long passed. Kellan stopped pacing and rubbed his chest. If you don't go, then it implies you intend to break the contract.

Great. If I do that, then we're both as good as dead.

Elena shoved the tent flap aside and crawled out. "Please say you're not going to hoard Wren's time all to yourself by insisting on enforcing silly contract details. Her friends are here to celebrate her birthday and promotion to the council. Come on, Jax, pleeease?"

"You make it sound like I'd force her to do something against her will." He crossed his arms. "Wren freely signed the contract and is wearing my spiral ring—which takes two to create by the way. I haven't forced her to do anything."

Amaress stretched, squawked out a yawn, and lumbered to her feet. The silly creature wandered over to me and licked the back of my hand, then sauntered off.