"I still don't understand why you need to wear heels to a damn basketball game

"I still don't understand why you need to wear heels to a damn basketball game." I said looking her up and down.

"But do I look good?"

"Yeah, but-"

"But nothing. Case closed."

I nodded. "Bet."

We got in my car and I let her stamp the aux. The first song that came on was My Love by Justin Timberlake.

I can see us holding hands
Walking on the beach, our toes in the sand
I can see us on the country side
Sitting in the grass, laying side by side
You can be my baby

She sang and danced in her seat, amusing the hell out of me.

"My loooOooOooOove. LoooOooOooOove."

"Leave it to Justin." I said laughing. "I'm not letting you stamp if you not going to play some gangsta shit."

"I got you, baby." She said scrolling through her library.

She played 'Like a Pimp' by David Banner and Lil Flip and we got lit.

I found a cute little parking spot and opened the door for her. "Look at you looking and smelling all yummy."

"Yummy things get eaten, right?" She asked over her shoulder.

"Watch it, Bey."

"I'm just messing with you."

I followed behind her as she found us a place on the bleachers. It was very crowded, but we'll manage. They had music playing while the away team warmed out.

Me Ok by Jeezy played and Karim's team ran out and started doing drills. After everybody warmed up, they began the National Anthem and then introduced the starting lineups.

The crowd was dry until they started introducing the home team.

Everybody was screaming until the announcer shushed them.

"And last but definitely not least. Y'all probably heard of him from his impeccable varsity football season. Or y'all probably follow him on social media... At starting point guard, number 4, we have freshman Karim Knowles!"

Karim hopped up wearing his Black history month Kyrie's and warm up gear. He did a different handshake with everybody and did a backflip at half court. Everybody and their mama cheered for him. He was the last name that they called and everybody turned up for him.

"That's my baby!" Bey yelled while clapping loudly. I can tell because they both extra as hell.

The game got started and it was hype from beginning to end. Of course Karim's team won.

His stats were great and he just showed everyone why he deserved to be a freshman on varsity.

We sat at the bottom of the bleachers while we waited for him to come out.

A few minutes later, he came strolling out with one of his friends. They were immediately approached by little fast ass groupies.

"Hey, Hey, Hey. None of that." Bey interrupted causing the girls to walk away. "Leave these girls alone with your little 15 year old ass."

"Why you blocking, mom?"

Beyoncé frowned and bucked at him causing him to flinch.

"Chill." He laughed.

"You better chill your ass to the car."

"Can Amari come?"

"He already standing there looking stupid. I don't think I really have the choice to say no."

They both busted out laughing. "Wassup, Jay. This amari. Amari, this my mom's boy toy."

"Nasir."

"Stop."

"You stop."

I laughed at them and shook Amari's hand. They were like two peas in the pod.

"We riding in Jay's car, come on."

We all followed Bey out and piled into my car. The ride to their house consisted of Karim and Amari talking about their stats while Beyoncé stayed on her phone.

When I pulled up, the boys wasted no time getting out. "You coming in?"

"Sure." I got out and went in the house.

"Bitch, what the hell?" Bey said causing me to look up. "Why are you in my house?"

"You gave me a key."

"Solange."

"Beyoncé."

"Piaget."

"Giselle."

I chuckled a little at them, I could clearly tell they were sisters.

The noise made Solange's eyes travel to me. "And who do we have here?"

"I'm Jay." I said reaching out for her hand.

"Yeah, I don't care about your name. I care about your title. What are y'all?"

Beyoncé and I stared awkwardly at each other, being that we never discussed a relationship. This shit just sort of... happened.

I was about to say something, but got interrupted by her.

"Friends, Solange. We're just friends."

I looked at Beyoncé with my eyebrows raised and she quickly looked away. I nodded to myself and made a mental note.