Heathens and Killer Clowns

Jane's POV

I woke up, jumping out of my bed in excitement. Today the losers gang was going to the fair. I'd been once before, with my mom when I was five. But it was so long ago, I can hardly remember. I walked to my closet, deciding I could wear something a little nicer.

"Day and night, my mind is racin
Dents and footprints I've been pacin
What am I supposed to find?
I'm scared to chase what I've been dreamin
Beyond the want, and now I'm needin
Push me by surprise, so I can take the dive."

I sang (Stoprewind by Natewantstobattle). I pulled out a pastel pink dress, it was lacy and had a sweetheart neckline. I put it on and checked my reflection.
Nope. Not good enough
I pulled my hair into a ponytail, letting my bangs fall around my face instead of bobby pinning them up like I usually do. I put on some makeup and checked again.
Okay, not too shabby. Not good but, okay.
I pulled on my converse and grabbed my bag. I smiled and walked downstairs confidently.
"Mother? I'm gonna go to the fair. I'll see you tonight." I walked out the door and to the end of the street where Richie waited. He was just wearing a regular shirt, paired with another Hawaiian shirt and shorts. I slowed, wondering if I should run home and change. He turned and saw me.
Dang. Oh well, can't leave now
I gulped nervously. He was squinting at me now, fixing his glasses as though he didn't recognize me.
Too much makeup?
His jaw dropped as I stopped in front of him. He'd seen me in dresses before, but not a whole lot. And they usually were more casual.
"Um, Richie? You okay?" I asked.

Richies POV

"Um, Richie? You okay?"

I closed my mouth, my brain short circuiting. She looked......gorgeous. I mean, she's always been gorgeous, but now? In that lacy pink dress? With her hair surrounding her face and her makeup striking....
"Holy shit." I mumbled. She wrung her hands and avoided eye contact.
"Sh-should I change? Is it too much?" She asked nervously. She was biting her pink lip, the sun seemed to radiate off of her perfectly tanned skin.
"No!" I blurted. She looked up, confused.
"Ah, I mean, if you do, we'll just end up late." I blushed. She smiled shyly.
"So, it's okay?" She asked. I nodded vigorously. She giggled.

*time skip to the fair cuz I'm lazzzzzy*

Jane's POV

"Hey babe, go get me some ice cream, will ya? Imma steal that guys fucking tuba." Richie said, handing me money and walking away.
"Don't call me babe!" I yelled after him. He just kept walking. I sighed.
"Hey Eddie, wanna go get ice cream?" I asked. He nodded and we left. He ordered a small vanilla and I ordered two small vanillas.
"Rich?" He asked, pointing to the second cone. I nodded. We walked back to the others, they were gathered around some missing posters in an alley.
"What the fuck dude?!" Richie yelled as the man took his instrument back.
"What are you guys talking about?" Eddie asked, licking his cone.
"What they always talk about." Richie responded, taking his cone from me.
"I actually think it will end. For a little while, at least." Ben said.
"What do you mean?" Beverly asked.
"So I was going over all my Derry research, and I charted out all the big events. The Ironworks explosion in 1908, the Bradley gang in '35, and the Black Spot in '62. And now kids being....I realized this stuff seems to happen every-
"27 years." Bill and Ben said together. Stan shook his head.
"Can we sit down? I need to comprehend all this." he asked.
We all nodded and headed over to the big statue not too far off. Richie and I were in the back. He bumped me, causing me to get ice cream on my nose.
"Hey! Aw shoot look what you did." I mumbled.
"Here." He wiped it off with his finger and licked it off.
"Gross! Don't let Eddie see that!" I giggled and he chuckled.
"No worries, it'll be our little secret." He winked. I rolled my eyes. We walked past a group of adults, who stared at us like we were maggots.
"Heathens." A woman muttered, staring right at me. I walked backwards and flipped her off. She gasped.
"You shouldn't have done that Jane." Stan said, trying to hide his laughter.
"Yeah, what if they tell your parents? Mrs. Ripsom, I saw your daughter with the most awful group of heathens the other day, and she flipped me off too!" Beverly giggled. I smiled.
"Then screw them. I like hanging out with you guys.