Hooked on a Feeling

GeekyGlamGirl- heyo guys srry for the double post, imma be busy tomorrow tho so thought I'd put this here now 😁. Also srry for the suuuuper long chapter. Hope y'all like it❤️❤️🎈🎈

Jane's POV

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and my parents arguing downstairs. I sighed and stood, checking my clock. Ten thirty. I yawned and walked over to my closet, pulling out a light pink dress. I pulled it and my converse on, grabbed my bag and climbed out the window. I walked to the quarry, happily taking in the silence. I smiled, excited to see my friends, and excited at the fact that I could see them much more now that it was summer. Summer was very important to me. I met every single loser in the summer. I chuckled softly, recalling the day I met my first and favorite loser.

*flashback*

I stood at a wishing well I'd found in the woods. I pulled out a quarter and squeezed my eyes shut.
"I wish I could have a friend. I wish for a whole bunch a friends! People I can trust, people I can be myself with." I whispered, flipping my coin into the well. I watched it for a while, mesmerized by the pretty ripples. Then I sighed and turned to walk home but paused when I saw a figure in the distance. A boy. He was tall and scrawny, with a head full of messy black hair. He had the biggest brown eyes I'd ever seen, much nicer than my own, and they were framed behind thick, bug-eye-like glasses.
"RUN!" He screeched. "BOWERS!"
My eyes widened as I saw four other figures appear behind him.
"This way!" I yelled as I ran to my hidden treehouse. He nodded and followed close behind me. We ducked and doged trees and bushes, arriving at a clump of tall bushes. I powered through them and ran up to my treehouse, climbing up the ladder.
"Hurry!" He whined, constantly looking to see if Bowers had come up behind him. I got to the top and climbed in, him scrambling in not too long after. I pulled up the ladder and sat down beside him, the both of us panting hard.
"Phew....that was....close." I said between breaths.
"Sure was." The boy nodded and looked around. "This yours?"
I shrugged. "I found it a few weeks ago. No one seems to know about it. I'm Jane, by the way. Jane Ripsom."
He stood. "Richie Tozier, at your service m'lady." He gave a small bow. I giggled.
"You new around here?" He asked, grinning and sitting down again. "I think I've seen you before."
I nodded. "I used to live on more of the south side of Derry, but my father just re-married, so we ended up moving in with her." I explained.
"Ah," he said, understanding. "You got siblings?"
"A sister, Betty, and a brother, Nick. Well, step-brother really. What about you?"
"I got a sister, but that's it."
We sat in awkward silence for a while, before we were interrupted.

"Hey! Get down here you little punk!"

Richie turned to me.
"Bowers." He whispered fearfully. We both stood and scrambled over to the patio, leaning over the railing and staring down at a very angry Bowers.
"Why don't YOU come up HERE?" I shouted down and Richie laughed beside me. Bowers smirked.
"Got yourself a girlfriend to protect yourself Tozier?" He smiled evilly. Richie and I turned a brilliant shade of crimson.
"She's not my girlfriend Bowers." He shouted.
"Yeah! And even if I was, it would only imply that Richie here can get a girlfriend, whereas you are a pig, and will never have a girlfriend." I stated matter-of-factly. Richie howled with laughter. Bowers growled.
"That's it! I'm coming up!"
"We're under attack!" Richie yelled. I ran and grabbed a bag I'd filled with rocks earlier and brought it over.
"Here." I handed Richie two rocks. He stared at me.
"What?" I asked, grabbing my own rocks.
"You just happen to have a bag full of rocks?" He asked. I shrugged.
"Just in case."
He shook his head and chuckled.
"BOMBS AWAAAAAY!" I yelled, throwing my rocks at Henry while Richie made an Indian war cry next to me. We bombarded him with rocks and he soon fell to the ground.
"Ahh! Stop it you little bitches!" He yelled. We continued and soon he ran away.
"Victory is ours!!" Richie yelled. We both fell onto our backs, engulfed in giggles.
"Richie?" I asked, turning to look at him.
"Yeah?" He asked, turning as well.
"Are we......friends?" I asked.
"Well, I don't know, but I'd sure like to be." He smiled. I smiled back.
"Me too."
"Alright then," he sat up. I followed suit. He stuck out his hand.
"Friends?" He asked. I grinned and shook his hand.
"Friends."