See You Next Life

I know I suck at continuing stuff but I just lack a lot of motivation so yeah... hope it's okay srry

     Lance and Keith started dating a while ago. They weren't very open about their relationship, but if you looked close enough, sometimes you could see them holding hands. They would have blush dusting their cheeks and soft smiles towards each other. Nothing, and I mean nothing, could tear them apart. Except death, and no one can stop the inevitable.

     It started out as a peaceful morning with the paladins slowly waking up. It took a while, but once Hunk had yelled for breakfast, everyone was filing into the kitchen. Everybody came at their own time except for, of course, Lance and Keith. Hunk brightened up more, if possible, at the sight of the two and said,

     "Aww. Too cute! You two are perfect for each other!" Before Pidge chuckled, saying,

     "Hunk, your fan girl is showing." Lance just laughed and Keith blushed as if he was on a volcano. Lance ran up to him and nudged him,

     "And how's the Hunkster been doin?" He asked in his cheery tone. Hunk was about to reply before the castles siren sounded, and the lights flashed a dangerous red. Allura's voice was rushed over the coms,

     "Paladins get to your lions! We've been spotted by the galra!" With that said, everyone races to get into their lions. Once Lance was in his lion, he exited the hanger and met up with the others outside.

     "Am I late to the party?" He said over the system.

     "Jokes can be told later, we have to fight right now." Shiro semi scolded.

     "So, what's the plan?" Keith slightly chuckled. He had grown to love Lance's sense of humor, no matter the occasion. Shiro softly sighed, clearly not in the mood for battle, but replied,

     "The ships are small. We take out as many as we can individually, and form Voltron when we feel we need to."

     "Right o!" Lance hollered in excitement. With that said and done, they started attacking  the impending galra troops. Everyone was confident about their victory, without even needing Voltron, until they saw the ion cannon charging.

     They couldn't tell who it was pointing at, until it shot. The galra decided to go for the fastest, the red lion. Keith prepared for impact, knowing it was already too late to move, but opened his eyes as nothing happened.

     When he opened his eyes, though, to his surprise, the blue lion was taking the impact. Everyone could hear his screams of pain as the lion was starting to shut down. When the ion beam was finished, the coms were deafeningly silent. All they heard was static.

     Keith as well as Hunk and Pidge, were momentarily filled with rage, working together to defeat the ship. Amazingly, they were able to take it down with just the 3 of them, Shiro too shocked to help.

     When they were done, they prompted to move Blue back into her hanger. They then landed their lions, running in to find Lance half conscious leaning to the side. Keith ran to him and shakily took Lance's helmet off of him. He chocked on air as he saw the blood trickling down his chocolate hair.

     He winced in pain when Keith tried to wipe the blood away, touching the wound in the process. Keith gave him a worried look as tears began to flow in his eyes,

     "Lance. Lance, you're gonna be alright. We're gonna put you in a pod and you're gonna be fine..." He practically begged. Lance smiled before replying,

     "Keith, babe, we know that ain't right.... I'm sorry. Just know that I love you here and forever. No matter how many times we have to try over, I love you. Just know that." He winced again, slightly more blood trailing down his tanned skin.

     Keith couldn't keep the tears in anymore, silently sobbing. Lance put a hand on his cheek and rubbed his thumb over the tears. Keith put his hand over Lance's, and felt as the arm went limp. He gathered his thoughts, and pulled Lance's body in his arms bridal style.

     He walked out of Blue's mouth with tear streaked cheeks and a sullen expression. Hunk and Pidge ran over balling louder than they ever have. Keith handed Lance to Hunk carefully and walked away.

     Keith didn't die physically that day, but his heart shattered to pieces. He didn't kill himself either, he knew Lance didn't want that. He fought and fought as hard as he could, but again, you can't evade the inevitable. Keith died during battle, the same way Lance did. He shielded his family with his own body. Keith's gravestone was embedded near Lance's, in the memory room.

Wow, this was a long one. If you want me to continue, tell me. I hope you liked it cuz I have the story line planned out! Peace!