Chapter Nineteen: This is Jennett, Beclan, and Dordan

Start from the beginning

I squinted at the two shirts for a second and shook my head. "Nope."

He rolled his eyes. "Women."

I rolled my eyes. "Men."

"Well the red shirt and a stripe going vertical, and the blue shirt has a strip going horizontal." Jordan informed me.

"Wow," I said, not impressed with a bored look on my face. "I can't believe I missed something like that."

"Can't blame you," a voice piped in. "Jordan was always the one with good fashion taste."

"Why thank you Declan," Jordan said.

"That's not a good thing," Delcan and I said in unison. 

"You're losing your manhood as we speak." Declan said, but then he paused, thinking something for a moment and snorted. "What am I talking about? He doesn't have one." 

"Hey!"

"Is he done yet?" Bennett asked, walking back to us. 

"Bennett darling," Jordan said, mimicking a gay lisp. "Would you be a dear and help a brother out? What do you think would look fabulous on moi? The red shirt or the blue?"

Bennett took one long look at Jordan. Then he turned on his heel and walked away. Declan and I looked at each other, snorted and followed right behind him. I glanced back at Jordan who stood there for a second, feeling torn at staying to argue over which shirt to buy or chase after his friends. Then he sighed and ran after us, tossing the shirts over his shoulder, having it land on the table.

We quickly left the men's section store, which I never wanted to be in the first place. Jordan just ran into the store as soon as we arrived the the mall, and I was forced to follow him with the others. You don't know how awkward it was being the only girl in the men's section. I wanted to crawl into a hole and die, which I used to want to do a lot.

"I think the blue shirt would have looked good on me," Jordan muttered.

"Yeah, you think it would look good on you," Declan said, "but it won't."

"Naomi," Jordan whined. "Declan's being mean to me."

"I'm always mean to you," Declan corrected him, not really helping himself.

"Boys, be nice to each other," I scolded.

"Yes Naomi," they said in unison like kindergartners being cute.

I rolled my eyes, not being able to hold back my smile. But that smile vanished without a trace when I saw the last thing I wanted to see. It was them, the last people I wanted to see right now. No, it wasn't my parents. It wasn't Raymond and his goons. It was something way more worse.

I halted to the stop, making the guys pause from walking. They all stared at me with curious gazes. I know what I must have looked like. Scared out of my mind, frozen in fear, looking like I might wet myself. And all of that is true. Jordan opened his mouth to ask what's wrong when I cut him off.

I quickly grabbed their sleeves, making them yelp in surprise, and started walking away as fast as I can. I was practically dragging the guys as they struggled under my strong grip. They were all asking me what was going on. Suddenly I was forced to a stop when they finally noticed me.

"OMG," someone exclaimed. "Is that Naomi?"

I slowly gulped, beads of sweat rolled down my head. Please don't notice me, don't notice me like you always do in school. Ignore me, treat me like I'm invisible, pretend I don't exist. Just don't-