"Oh my gosh, this food is so good." Noelle moaned as she ate her cajun chicken pasta. She noticed me smiling and was embarrassed. "I'm sorry. I—"

"It's cool. I'm glad you like it." I laughed. It was one of the many reasons why I decided to open my own restaurant. I wanted to see the look on people's faces once they tasted my food.

"What made you want to open your own restaurant and bodega?" It was as if she read my mind.

"Well, when I was younger, I was always in the kitchen wit' my MeeMaw and—"

"Your what?" Noelle giggled.

"My MeeMaw is my Grandma. As a child, I could never say I or my right. I would always say me and she always used to watch me when I was younger and I thought of her as a second Mother. That's where MeeMaw came from." I shared a laugh with her.

"Wow. I'm sorry you can finish your story now."

"My MeeMaw always had me in the kitchen wit' her. She taught me how to make everything. I started making my own meals when I was 10. And that made me want to open my restaurant."

"That's so cute." she cooed.

"So what else do you love?" I asked her.

"What?"

"You love chicken. What else you love?" I asked again. I wanted to know everything about her.

"Well, I love the color blue and I love food." she giggled.

"With that being said, tell me more about yourself."

"Um, okay. I'm 25, my birthday is February 18th, I hate when people smack while chewing on their food, and that's pretty much it." she smiled.

"Man, I hate when people smack while chewing on their food." I agreed.

"So tell me about you." she said.

"Well, I'm 26, my birthday January 6th, my favorite color is green, and I'm a businessman."

"Okay. How many siblings you have?"

"I have one sister. What about you?"

"I have a brother who's like my twin. He's just a year older."

"That's cool."

     "Yeah." She spoke before looking down. There was an awkward silence. "Why you keep looking down?" I asked before taking another sip of my wine.

"I'm sorry. I'm really shy around new people." she told me.

"You don't have to be shy around me." I said as I reached across the table and grabbed her hand. She blushed and looked away.

 She blushed and looked away