Alternate Part 4

The team sat in a circle as they discussed the mission and wrote the report for Batman to later review. Robin somehow managing to avoid all questions about the girl from earlier up till now.

"So are you going to tell us about that girl who literally caught and threw knives better than my sister?" Artemis finally said after a moment of silence.

"What do you mean?" Robin asked innocently.

"I believe she is referring to the girl that you exchanged banter with, in another language during our encounter at the warehouse," Kaldur supplied.

"Oh her.." the Boy Wonder trailed off, "Just an old friend." He spoke casually. Barely flinching as a knife pinned his shoulder to the wall he was leaning on by his shirt. The team, minus Wally, froze before dropping into defensive stances as Robin subtly smirked.

"That's not a very nice thing to say, Robin. You know very well we are closer than that." a girl said as she appeared from the shadows. Robin looked at the clock.

"(You weren't supposed to come up for another 3 minutes)," the boy pouted. The girl had black hair that was similar to Robins but in a high ponytail that was braided. She wore a purple t-shirt and dark jeans, a darker teal hoodie wrapped around her waist. The thing that the group noticed the most was how she wore dark sunglasses that looked exactly like the ones Robin currently wore. Though she seemed a bit older, the two Romanians could almost be siblings.

"Oh shush," She threw another knife, the boy catching it by his teeth. "I just wanted to see you. You haven't called since the beginning of July and you sending the buffoon isn't that fun either," she complained, earning a "Hey!" from Wally.

"(Sorry Odeta. I've just been so busy with this new team-)" Robin was cut off by another knife pinning his other shoulder before Odeta looked at the others with a glare. Him now holding the second knife in his hands looking it over, a look of guilt crowding his features.

"Don't kill them!" Wally yelped unsure if she would take out her frustration on her captured bird or the rest of the team, Robin can handle himself though.

"I did mean to visit I swear. I-I just got called away on a mission each time and," Robin continued trailing off. There was silence, the team standing still in their spots, unsure of what to do.

"I'm glad you kept this," the youngest finally said, a thoughtful look on his face, "I would have thought you would have lost it by now." 

She blushed, "Not in a million years my little bird."

The team, that had lowered their defensive stances, regained them as the girl shot forward. She rushed forward and brought the bird into a hug. Or as much as you can hug a person pinned to a wall and kissed him on the cheek, taking the knife and pressing it to his throat. The team started forward to stop the girl before Wally motioned to back off.

"Now repeat after me, I will not go radio silent for a year with only a check in from Kid Flash," She said slowly. 

Dick winced, "That mad?" she cleared her throat pushing farther, "I will not go radio silent for a year with only a check in from Wally," he repeated, cheeks pink in shame. She stared into his eyes as the tension grew.

"Fine," she broke the silence. "Can you lose that ridiculous fake accent though? It's extremely annoying, I prefer your own voice better," she then unpinned the boy and removed her daggers as the boy nodded.

"Would you like to introduce our guest friend?" Kaldur spoke

"Team this is," He looked at her 

"Snow Owl but you can call me Owl," She held out her hand as Kaldur shook it Connor looked at Robin.

"Your voice changed," His voice showed curiosity, not really understanding that you can change accent even in the same language.

"That's his regular voice, he uses it more when he's at school or just being a civilian but he takes the American accent when heroing to make him fit the image," Wally beat the birds to the explanation, Robin just shrugged in approval.

"Now that that's settled," Odeta clapped her hands together, "I need this little bird for a while." She picked up Robin over her shoulder, the boy protesting as he struggled to get out. "I'm taking him to his room for some quality time so don't come in Wally," she called as she shut the door.

"God I wish he would teach me how to do that," Wally grumbled as he wondered where he would be sleeping.

"Do what?" Megan asked as the group grasped what had just happened.

"Have girls fall head over heels for him like that. He's as bad as Batman sometimes," Wally shook his head and flopped on the couch. "Anyways, can I stay here for the night? I don't feel like being shishkabob for trying to go back into mine."

"What do you mean bad as Batman?" Superboy narrowed his eyes in confusion.

"Uh, I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to talk about it but he's slept with a good number of people including Wonder Woman and Superman's girlfriend at some point." The phone rang, and Kaldur picked it up.

"Robin says we can go back without him since the mission is over and he wishes to talk to Wally," Kaldur handed him the phone. 

"Aw, Dude! Yeah, I got it, no need to go on. I'm hanging up bye!" He slammed the phone down and shook the chills out of his system, "Never talking about his personal life again,  but I will confirm he is one hell of a lady killer that can make any girl melt." 

A/N Hello! I'm back, sort of. I need ideas for the non-alternate timeline in this book on what the team could do with her while they are there or if Odeta should come back with them to the mountain and continue the story from there. Thanks to all that read my work Ihope you like it and be sure to vote and comment.