"Wait!" I heard.

My head shot around too see if someone was calling for me, and apparently it was. The register boy was motioning me to come over to him and I obliged for some reason.

"What's your name?"

"I'm Jess, and you?"

"Jordan. Nice to meet you, um sorry for asking but is the guy your with, erm your boyfriend?"

"Nope, just friends why?"

Jacks P.O.V

My hands grasped the cheap plastic holding Jess and i's food as I walked over to the soda machine. Quickly filling my cup up with coke and sticking a lid on it. As I was filling up hers I heard her name being mentioned, I tried to listen as best as I could.

"I'm Jess, and you?"

"Jordan. Nice to meet you, um sorry for asking but is the guy your with, erm your boyfriend?"

"Nope, just friends why?"

That rang in my head over and over.

"Just friends."

Why did that bother me so much? I mean that's exactly what we were. Am I getting jealous? Why am I getting jealous over a girl that's not even mine? I looked over at them, he had the same look in his eyes I did when I first met Jessie. The kind of look that you just know "this is the most beautiful girl you've ever seen in your life and you don't know what to do with yourself" kind of look.

But looking at them physically hurt, my breathing got heavy and my chest hurt, as I clenched my fist so hard my nails were making little marks in my palm.

You think you know what real pain feels like, but I didn't until I saw the way she looked at him, and the way he looked at her.

Her laugh echoing through the packed building, the only thing I could hear. I couldn't picture her laughing with any other guy like that but me.

I want to be the one to make her laugh, and hold her when she cries, and have her ramble her 3 am thoughts too. And I don't want it to be friendly, I want it to mean something.

"Um sir, your cup is overflowing."

"Shit." I muttered under my breath. Soda was overflowing the cup and all over my arm. I shook it off and grabbed a few napkins. My eyes not leaving Jessie and the other guy.

"Bye!" I heard her call out turning towards me. She held a white paper in her hand and I'm assuming she got his number.

"Hey you ready to eat ?"

I was afraid that if I talked I would've been like "why don't you go eat with your new boyfriend?" So I just nodded. She headed towards a booth and I followed, setting our food down and quickly devouring it as she told me what the guy said to her. I blocked it out and kept my mouth shut not saying one word.

...................

Instead of going straight back to Jessie's house I decided to drive somewhere. Don't know where but I'll stop when I find somewhere. We went back to how it was on the drive to Chipotle, blasting random music with the windows down. But instead of just sitting Jessie stood up and stuck her head out the open roof. I loved hearing her loud laugh over the blaring music and seeing her smile. Nothing made me happier.

We drove around for about an hour before I ended up driving to the Hollywood sign.

We stepped out of the car, and Jessie clearly confused started throwing questions at me.

"Why are we here? Are you going to kill me? Are we camping? You know I hate camping. It's so cold and it's getting dark what if we get killed ?"

"Holy crap calm down." I laughed. "Let's take a hike up to the sign, yeah?"

She bit her lip and slowly nodded, following me up the trail.

A little while later the sun was almost fully set, and the only thing you could see in the sky were the clouds that looked like cotton candy. We sat at the edge just watching the sun go down.

"Why'd you wanna come here?" She asked. I could feel her looking at the side of my face

"I don't know, adventure I guess." Lieing the best I could.

"What's up with you? You've barely said anything since Chipotle." She trailed off.

"I don't know, just tired."

"You were fine this morning." She said not buying it.

"I don't want to dump everything on you, just drop it Jessie."

"You hardly every call me Jessie unless something's wrong Jack, just tell me it's bothering you."

My mind boggled with what too say without scaring her.

"Look Jess, seeing you with whatever that guys name was bothered the shit out of me. Okay, I got jealous which is so stupid because as you said we're just friends-"

"I only said that because I didn't know you wanted to be more." She shot back.

"I don't know what I want."

"I do, I-I want you." She whispered playing with the hem of her shirt,

"What if I was just confused, and it was just in the moment Jess. It's not a movie I'm not gonna assume I'm in love with you and jump into your arms. I need to figure out my feelings, it's not just what you want."

"I know it's not what i want Jack, why are you blowing up at me? If you get jealous doesn't that mean you like the other person?"

"I don't fucking know what it means I'm confused."

"Take me home." She spat walking down the trail.

"Again it's always what you want! What if I want too stay?"

"Then I'll walk home and possibly get kidnapped."

Why was she acting like this?

Why was I acting like this?

I followed her down the trail and she reached for the car handle.

"Jess wait-"

"No Jack, I genuinely like you, and I finally had the guts to admit it and you fucking spit it back in my face. I'm not forcing you to like me or whatever the hell else your thinking. I simply told you how I felt, and I just want to know how you feel."

"Fine okay you wanna know what I want ? I want you, I want you so fucking bad it hurts, I crave every part of you and your lips on mine and your little laugh and your turning heads smile and everything about you. I'm scared, I'm scared you'll find someone better and I'm no where near good enough for you. And I don't want too hurt you and I don't want you to hurt me."

She ran her hands through her hair in frustration.

"I don't want anyone else, nor do I need anyone else. You may not be perfect but your sure as hell good enough for me Jack. Please don't be scared, I won't hurt you as long as you promise you won't hurt me. We'll be the same best friends babe, just with perks and the words I love you with a different meaning. A truer meaning, a deeper meaning. Something that means something. Because I love you."

I engulfed her in a hug at this super cheesy moments and she snuggled her head into my chest. I put my chin at the top of her hair and kissed the top of her head.

" I love you too."

this sucks lmao, ok sorry for not updating for like 300 years but I've been so busy, and these next few weeks will not be better. Doing my best, but if you want a request I suggest you request now because in 2 and a half weeks I'll be in California for vidcon and I'm almost 100% sure I'm not updating while I'm there! I'll be there for 10 days so I'm gonna do as much writing as I can these next couple weeks.

Also I'm seeing tfios tomorrow and I'm so so excited!

and I'm changing all the chapters names and giving them actual titles haha, idk it'd be a nice change and make it look better.

love you all !