Prologue

A darkened night covered a forest towering with mighty trees, the night caked them with what seemed to be an ever lasting darkness if you were to get caught in it, and sadly, that was the fait of one poor soul who had wandered much to far from the reach of his home to even have the glimpse of hope to get to the safety of his village in this looming night.

This white skulled skeleton was stumbling through the blackness, his eyes squinted as if it would help him to see. He spoke in a fluent french as he mumbled to himself, his tone was taken by panic « Oh mon dieu, tu est très stupide!! Est nuit! (Oh my god, you're so stupid! It's night!) » he mumbled to himself.

The wind blew the branches of the trees hanging all around, causing an almost constant noise, meaning any other noise would be hard to differentiate, like the sound of a darkened figure shifting in a tree above, keeping a steady eye on the artist who'd lost his way, the figure licked his lips, a cruel smirk coming to play on his skull as he waited for the perfect opportunity to strike.

That opportunity soon came as the artist stumbled and fell, hitting his head off the oak of an aging tree and knocking him dizzy for few moments, but that was all the time needed.

With one swift movement the figure left the tree and snatched the dizzied skeleton into his arms, grasping him close to his chest as he looked down on the capture with a subtle grin.

The artist began to clench with fear, his voice only ringing out as a reaction of fear to what had happened « Q-Que est-ce?! Q-Qui et toi?! (W-what?! W-Who are you?!) » he sputtered, his voice holding an audible shake.

A husky laugh drew forth from the looming creature « Tsk, Quite a lot of fear from you, isn't there?~ But if you must know, I'm Fallacy, lord Fallacy to you~ » his voice was that of a calm, smooth presence, holding a hint of joy. « My turn, may I ask your name darling? You're quite an elegant creature to have strayed so far~ » Fallacy grazed a hand on the cheek of the artist, earning a shiver from him.

The artist thought it best to play to what this 'Fallacy' wanted, he didn't want to take any chance, not knowing the threat of this new being « J-Je suis E-Encre (I-I am E-Encre » the artist spoke, his voice starting to bubble with the sound of a few tears.

Fallacy smiled and pulled him into a tighter hold, looking at him with a tint of happiness to his eye « Excellent! Well, 'Encre', you belong to me now~ »

(I know it's short but it's just a prologue!! More is to come!)