Coins

"Rose and Trevor spent the last 500 years running because you used them." Elena looked to the other doppelgänger with disgust "Trevor just got killed!"

"Never thought he would have lasted that long" Katherine muttered as she opened the book of her family history.

"You don't even care that you ruined their lives" the human was repulsed at what she was hearing.

"She did was she had to do to survive, Elena" Antonio cut in "Dial down the judgment"

"Not all of us are saints" Carmen backed her brother up.

Katherine slammed the book shut "Their right. I was looking out for myself, Elena. I will always look out for myself. If your smart, you'll do the same."

————————————————————————

"And your sure Elijah's dead?" Slater looked at the pair with uncertainty.

"Beyond dead" Damon scrunched up his nose slightly for emphasis.

Slater went to sit down at a table "Trevor was a good man, helped me with my dissertation on sexual deviance in the baroque period. I was going for my psych PhD."

"Slater's been in college since '74" Rose explained to Damon.

"When I was turned" the dirty blonde smiled "I have 18 degrees ––3 master's, and 4 PhD's."

Damon's temper started to flare at his lack of point "The point?"

"Exactly. I mean, what is the point?" The youngest vampire glanced at Rose "what should o be doing with an eternity? If you have an answer, please enlighten me."

Rose sensed the tension rising between the two and decided to intervene "We need your help. If someone wanted to get in touch with Klaus, how would you hook 'em up?"

"Craigslist" he shrugged.

"Really?" The raven haired man asked incredulously.

"Seriously. I respond to a personal ad that gets sent to somebody who knows somebody, who knows Elijah, who's dead, and that's where my connection ends." He kept his eyes on Damon the entire time.

————————————————————————

A young man sat playing the guitar outside of a coffee shop. An older man with a very expensive suit walked over. He crouched down and gave the man a 100 dollar bill before taking a hand full of coins.

Elijah Mikaelson let the coins fall from one hand to another, watching the trio interact.

————————————————————————

"So how much of your little story is true?" Elena asked as she stood up.

"I have no reason to lie, Elena" Katherine turned the page as she spoke "I Have no reason to do anything but sit here and read and rot"

Elena turned to look at her "Ok, so you mean it's even partially true. That's the reason why you came back, isn't it? Because you wanted to be the one to hand me over to Klaus"

Carmens head snapped to her brother "Maybe we could do it? Say it's a gift from Katherine?" Antonio smirked at his sister while Elena gave them a repulsed look.

Katherine glanced at the twins before closing the book and turning to the youngest doppelgänger "Mm, 500 years on the run, I figured maybe he'd be willing to strike a deal."

"So you got Mason Lockwood to find you the moonstone"

"Smart" the twins muttered.

"Right again" The vampire nodded.