I love you

Stefan came downstairs to get a glass of bourbon. He heard a creek and glanced up. He knew it wasn't Damon because he went out to do some something.

Someone sped past him, he glanced to where the sound came from.

Someone sped past again.

Stefan ran to the bookcase and grabbed a stake that was hidden there.

"Whose there?" He held it at a defensive angle.

Rose showed herself "I'm not here to hurt you"

"Why are you here?" He eyed her skeptically.

"Lexi once told me that you're one of the good ones" The older vampire responded.

"You knew Lexi?"

"Trevor was my best friend" she walked forward a bit "for over 500 years I have lived with one person" she paused "and he's gone"

Stefan looked down slightly, feeling bad for the women who lost her brother.

"And I don't want to run anymore because I have nowhere to run to" she took a few more steps forward.

"Well, I'm sorry" he looked straight at Rose "but I can't help you"

"I don't need your help," she maintained eye contact and walked a little ways to the left "but I think you need mine"

Stefan was confused to say the least. Why would he need her help? She kidnapped Elena and tried to use her as a bargaining chip.

"Elijah may be dead but this isn't over"

He looked at her, confused "What do you mean it's not over?"

"It isn't over. The Originals, they'll come for her" she paused "they have to"

Worry clouded over the younger vampires eyes as he watched her every move. Analyzing her. 

"They're doing it for him" Rose kept her face an emotionless mask.

"For who?" Stefan's eyebrows furrowed.

"Klaus"

————————————————————————

Carmen stood in the bathroom, brushing her teeth. She scrubbed them for a solid two minutes before spitting out the white paste. She brought her head down to the tap and captured some water in her mouth before spitting it out.

The young women looked at her reflection and saw nothing but a broken little girl. She sighed and walked into her room.

Damon lay there on her bed. His elbows rested upon his knees. His sleeves where rolled up to the top of his forearms.

"Cute PJ's" he smirked.

"Hey, Damon" Carmen gave him a small smile.

The vampire stood up and walked towards her dresser and picked up her vervain necklace by the chain.

"How are you?"

"Fine" Carmen lied right through her pearly whites.

"Liar"

She rolled her eyes at her friend. When the girl realized what he had she want to grab it but he pulled it from her reach.

"Please give it back" Carmen knew that she couldn't be compelled but he didn't.

"I just have to say something" Damon's voice almost cracked. Almost.

"Why do you have to say it with my necklace"her voice was shaking, she was scared that he would try to compel her, when he promised that he never would.