Chapter-8

Penny's POV:
"Penny!!"

I heard my mum screaming my name. I was having a chilled Saturday afternoon, lying on my bed,reading books. I pretended, I can't hear her. But the earth shaking voice continued. So I decided to get up.

I got down the stairs. My mum came running to me.

"Penny,baby,have you seen,Jason?"

I could sense the tension in her voice. Something is wrong. Dad came in the living room,with a visible frown on his face.

"Have you seen him?" My mum asked me again.

"No,mum, I didn't see him. I haven't even talked to him since last week," I replied.

This is true. I haven't talked to him since last week. He was just being his usual annoying self and annoying the fuck out of me. But other than that we don't even see each other's face even though we live in the same house. That's how it's always been.

"What happened, mum?" I asked my mum. But did I even care a bit. No. The way he treats me all the time, I don't think I should even care about him. But still I had to ask.

"I woke up this morning and he was not in the house. I thought he went out for a walk or something. I tried calling him but his phone is switched off. I didn't bother too much because I thought he was at his friend's house or something but he hasn't returned since then." My mum explained.

I stared at her blankly. I don't come home most of the nights. I stay at Joe or Zoe's. They have never panicked about that. But they are panicking because Jason hasn't returned home since the morning.

I stayed silent.

"Did he tell you anything?" My dad spoke.

Now it's my turn to speak.

"Well,when does he ever tell me anything", sarcasm clear in my voice.

My dad cleared his throat as if he was going to say something but stopped when his phone started ringing.

"What!!", My dad cried.

"Okay,we'll be there," My dad says to whoever the person was on the other side of the phone.

He looks at mum with tension all over his face.

"Jason,had an accident, we have to rush to the hospital now."

My mum started cry. Hmm wonder if she will cry if the same happened to me. I stood there with a blank expression. People might call me a selfish bitch. But if they went through what I have gone through, they will never bother to call that again.

"You guys go check up on him," I say coldly.

"Penny,he is your brother,don't you care about him!" My mum said with a raised voice.

"Well,first of all mother, I have homework secondly even if I go there he will not heal any quicker,moreover he hates me."

"Penny,he doesn't hate you,it's you who acts stupid," My father says.

Wow. Well I had seen that coming. Great!!

I stormed off to my room.

I closed the door and fell in my bed with a loud thump. All I can think about is,why do they discriminate between me and Jason. It's always like this. This has to change. I can't live all my life being ignored. I was about to drift off when my phone buzzed.

From Alex:

Hey,what's up?

To Alex:

Nothing much. How about you?

From Alex:

Nothing just bored -_-

To Alex:

Lol you are lucky that you are bored,if you were to deal with all the adventures I am dealing right now,you would go crazy :(

From Alex:

Hey! Everything alright? x

To Alex:

Nothing just family drama.

From Alex:

You are lucky to go through the family dramas :)

To Alex:

Hahaha

From Alex:

Do you wanna go on a coffee date with me?

I thought for a second.

To Alex:

Sure ;)

From Alex:

Great!! I am gonna pick you up tomorrow morning?

To Alex:

Sounds good ;)

From Alex:

See ya tomorrow, love;)

My heart did a flip at "love"

Oh well maybe today isn't so bad after all.

*************************************************
I am extremely sorry for not updating. I wasn't feeling my best and definitely not inspired. I felt this chapter wasn't that good, I am sorry. I am gonna update soon and that chapter will be freaking amazing. You guys will love it. I love you all❤️❤️