Chapter Five

We arrived at the school and I went to gym, my first class. I went to the locker room and Jaycub was standing next to my locker.

"You seem in a good mood today," he commented. "Yeah, had a good sleep last night," I smiled. "Someone's smiley," Kyle said walking up. "Can you promise to keep a secret?" I whispered. They nodded. "I'm staying with Mr. Somerhalder," I said. Kyle looked confused. "Why?" He asked. "Russell told him about what happens at home and he said I could stay with until Russ finds a safe place for us," I explained. "He nice at home?" Jay asked. "Well, you know how Russell 'punished' me for doing something I'm not supposed to?" They nodded. "He gave him permission to do the same thing," there eyes widened. "Russ really did that?" I nodded.

"Alright boys! Running laps!" Couch Sheeran said. "Well here we go!" Jay said. "You can walk until we get to the games," couch said to me. I nodded. Jay and Ky walked with me. After walking for ten minutes couch said to pick a sport. Kyle and I looked at Jay. "Football?" I asked. "American football?" He asked. I laughed. "No, American soccer," I said smiling. "Oh! Yeah sure!" He said  we ran and got a football and we started doing freestyle tricks.

I noticed as I passed the ball to Kyle that Mr. Somerhalder was talking with couch and eyeing me a few times. I just ignored it. "Oh, Evan!" Joshua yelled running to me. "Hm?" I asked. "Can you please show of your cool flips?" He asked. I shrugged. "Sure!" I smiled and walked over to an empty spot. "Everyone Watch!" Josh yelled, getting everyone's attention. Including Couch and Ian. "Jay! Floor," Jay smiled and ran over to the air track they had for the cheer leaders. I did most of the flips Jay just came in like twice and flip under me once and we did back and springs next to each other.

"Woo!" My classmates cheered. I looked at couch and he was impressed but Ian looked at me stern. He motioned for me to go to him. I frown and walked over to him. "Charlie, you can't be doing that! Your ribs are sensitive right now!" He lectured. "Oh, my ribs are used to it. He would break my rib and drop me off at gymnastics and I'm used to it so I don't really feel pain the day after the beating," I told him. He shook his head at me. "I'm taking him with me," Ian told couch. He nodded and Ian told me to follow him. I listened and he took me to the locker room.

"Get changed," he said. I opened my locker and took my shorts off and put my jeans on. Ian watching with an upset face. When I got to my shirt I tried going to a stall but he stopped me. "You change right here," he said. I shook my head no taking a deep, sharp breath. "Now!" He said getting mad. I held back a cry and took my shirt off.

"Oh my god!" I hear Ian. He only saw the bruise on my rib, he didn't see the rest of my chest and stomach, or even my arms. "Charlie?" He said dropping his glare. I threw my shirt on and grabbed my bag. "Wh-" "leave me alone!" I cried and ran out of the locker room as fast as I could. "Charlie!" I heard him call after me. I ran down the hall and took a left  at the end hallway. I made another left and stopped running thinking I lost him.

As I was passing another hallway I was grabbed and it was Ian and he looked pissed. "What did I tell you at home?" He whisper/growled. I whimpered and he led me to his classroom. "I know you're upset but I told you what happens when you run from me!" He said as he closed his classroom door after we got in.

"I'm so-rry!" I started to cry. "I'm not gonna spank you here but, when we get home be ready for one then!" He warned. I choked back a sob. He sighed and took a step towards me. Out of instinct I took two back. He looks just like him. He's here! "Charlie?" I heard. I only sobbed and slid down the wall.

"Evan! You worthless piece of shit!" He yelled throwing the lamp at me. "Sir! Please!" I sobbed. "You deserve this you little brat!" He yelled hitting me over and over again.

"Charlie!" I heard. I kept my eyes closed and sobbed. "Charlie, it's Ian! You're okay!" I heard. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Ian in from of me with a worried expression. "He was there!" I cried. "Hey! Your dad is not gonna hurt you anymore!" He said. I nodded. He lifted me up and hugged me. "Sh, you're, okay," he said and rubbed my back. "Calm down!" He said rocking me side to side in his arms. "I think we should go home," Ian said.

"Come on buddy," he said. He wiped my tears and he called a sub to come and teach today. "Hi! Mrs. Bryan! It's Ian. I was wondering if you can sub for me an emergency came up," Ian asked the sub over the phone. "What emergency? Oh, my son is sick and I need to take care of him!" He said. Does he consider me a son? Of course not! He's your bloody teacher of course he won't!

"Thank you!" He said and hung up. "You can't check me out, you aren't my guardian," I said. "Well," he said. "Your dad signed the papers," he said. "So?" I asked. "I adopted you," he said. I widened my eyes. "So, you're like my dad now?" I asked. He nodded. I was happy but scared at the same time. What if his caring for me was and act and he turns out like my real dad?

"Come on," he said and put his hand on my should keeping me close while walking to the office. "Ian! Hi, how are ya?!" Mr. Styles said entering the office. "I'm good! How are you?" Ian asked. "I'm good! Hi Charzar!" He smiled at me. I grabbed his wrist dragging him to the hallway. "Wow, what's wrong?" He asked. "Ian adopted me and I'm scared! He was really nice when I started staying with him but, what if it's and act and he turns out like dad?" I said. "Okay, well listen. He's not like Joseph, you know that. Two, if you need anything at all you know you can call me," he said. I nodded and he ruffled my hair and turned me to the office and playfully shoved me. I looked back at him and glared. "Oh, you mad?" He teased. I stuck out my tongue at him and he did it back.

"Okay, Charlie, let's go!" Ian said. I gave Mr. Styles, Harry, a scared looked. "You're okay, go!" He said. I sighed and followed him out.