68. Home Bittersweet Home

Start from the beginning

"Yep!" I shut the file abruptly and move my face to the left where i pretend theres something interesting on the laptop. I hear a quiet chuckle escape his lips.

He better stop otherwise he will be tied in a chair next to her.

"You can leave now" i say in a mono-toned voice. I can already imagine the smirk on his face from behind me.

"I will be in OUR room if you need me" he says walking out of the room. Not before sending me a quick wink before exiting.

I let out the breath i was holding in and comb my fingers through my hair in annoyance.

Hes getting on my last nerve. With his stupid face and his stupid smile and his stupid eyes. Stupid the only word that seems to fit whatever this is between us. Maybe its sexual fustration? Maybe hes just being his childish teenager-self and just wanting to get laid. Whatever it is. I am getting annoyed with it.

"Knock knock"kendall's voice comes from the otherside of the room.

"Hey i just finished up on a background check. From what i know shes not in any coven shes rogue and seems like a loner" i shrug turning my laptop towards her as she takes a good look at it. I see the concern on her face only deepen as she looks at the girl suspiciously.

"No theres no way Andrei left her here alone. I mean hes not that stupid. This all seemed so easy. Too easy. What is he up to?" She mumbles anxiously.

"Ken chill maybe hes not as smart as we think he is i mean-he is a kid." I point out. I dont understand her overthinking things alot. I have to admit most times she is right but why cant we celebrate this victory? We have leverage and we could win this.

My sister doesnt take her eyes off the unconcious girl in the corner and walks over to her and places her hands on either side of her head.

"Ken what are you doing?" I stand and walk over to her as i eye her curiously.

"Im going to memory dive. Something is off i can feel it. He has surely noticed we were gone yet he hasnt come here. He should have found out by now that we flew to russia, and this Sharpay-"i cut her off mid sentence

"-its Shantaye" i correct her. She sends me a quick glare.

"Whatever i dont care. This girl knew exactly who i was and gave me her full name and basically sold herself out. Isnt this all a little i dont know suspiciously easy?"she says with a confused expression etched on her face.

I sigh and look at the unconcious girl and think.

She has a point.

This was too easy. Way to easy.

"Are you sure you can do it? Do you even have any power?"I ask my sister. She gives me a shrug.

"I guess we are going to find out" i am about to stop her but her eyes go white and so does shantayes and she is suddenly shocked back to some type of conciousness as she lets out a scream of pain.

Ouch thats gotta hurt.

Memory diving hurts alot. It feels like someone stabbing thumbtacks into your brain deeper and deeper. Memory wiping though is different. It doesnt hurt but its risky to the host, one look at the wrong memory and you could erase important memories that make them who they are.

"K-Kathryn" kendall studders whilst she was still in. I look at her worriedly as her arms slightly shake.

"Ken whats up?" I ask her. She is twitching and i can see her concentration is strong but her body cant take it.