Sabo

Character: Sabo

Genre: Angst

Warning: Just good old unrequited love, and OOC for Sabo. 

Au: Modern

A/N: None

Your POV

I sighed before closing the small door that is my tiny locker, the books that I needed to bring back home was being a much more of a burden than I thought. Nami and Robin already called out my name as I made sure to check the steel door twice before turning my back to it. 

Robin smiled at me before chuckling at my struggling form, we were needed to guard the library for today and I didn't mind one bit, well, except for Nami. She wanted to go out with her boyfriend but was stopped by us, poor Nami. 

Nami continued on complaining as we kept on walking, me slightly striding behind them with the number of books in my arms. They too were carrying books of their own, but I was slightly struggling since my major required more books than them. 

"Who else is supposed to be on guard, anyway?" 

Nami complained as Robin opened her small book, flipping through a couple of pages before setting onto the small timetable she made for an occasion like these. 

"Let see, you, me, (Y/N), Vivi, Zoro and Sabo-"

My tracks stopped as Robin and Nami continued on walking without me, he will be there and I don't want to keep on hurting. I sighed before shaking my head in disagreement as I stride towards the library. We had to use the back door since the inside was still in progress of a makeover. 

The white walls were just the beginning, mountains of books littered in one corner all already divided into categories. The others already have taken a seat, I placed my bag in one empty seat before letting the books fall on the table. I sighed before taking one look around the library, I was greeted when they heard a loud thumping noise, I smiled sheepishly before getting to work. 

"Hey, didn't see you there, little hamster" 

I instantly pouted at the nickname before turning my head to meet with Sabo's dark orbs. They had kindness and mischief littered around as I shook my head and jokingly called him back. 

"Maybe you should take a tall pill, bunny" 

This time it was his turn to pout before rolling his eyes, I chuckled at him before nudging his arms. My heart beating oh so loudly, why isn't that people created some kind of heart calmer of something. 

"You look energetic for some reason, care to tell me why?" 

He beamed at me before nudging his head to one side, making me turn my head to see the person he was talking about. 

Of course. 

Of course, he was talking about Vivi and not something else. She's his crush and I was blinded to not see that, I hid my sadness quickly before he sees before sending him a smirk. I teased and encouraged him to talk to his crush, while I was broken into pieces inside. 

"No way, I'm scared that she might reject me!" 

What does she have that I don't? Maybe everything. 

"No way, she's too kind to reject anyone...I think?" 

I was unsure of my words as he jokingly nudged my arm, 

"Come on wifey, we got work to do" 

There he goes again, with those precious nicknames that I had fallen in love with. He would always call me his wife, someone who already filled his list of future wife, and show concerns towards me when others wouldn't. 

So why am I not the one he's fallen in love with? I shook my head at the though before continue on lifting more boxes, placing them at one side while hearing Sabo talking with the shy Vivi. My heart clenches at the sound, maybe I did something bad towards someone in the past that made karma kicked me in the ass. 

Why are you making it so complicated for me to hate you? Not fair. 

I shook my head as I felt a tap on my shoulder, making me turn around to see the said-man himself standing there with concern looks. His eyes screamed out that he was tired but he was determined to help everyone. 

"Hey, you okay?" 

I nodded before taking a sharp air in, 

"If I said I liked someone, what would you do?" 

That question was an accident, I didn't mean to ask it. Not when he's soo happy with actually getting to converse with his crush, I can't make him in a bad mood. What is wrong with me?

"I dunno gotta see who is that crush of yours" 

He teased as we tossed teases back and forth, others not minding our conversation as Sabo finally asked the dead-dropping question. 

"Obviously it's me" 

It was not a question, it was a statement. He wanted me to answer truthfully, and I-

"You? No way, you have Vivi to catch" 

"Good" 

'Crack!'

Was that my heart? Maybe it is, who cares. I got my answer. 

"Because I want to be with Vivi and I don't want to play with your feelings. I'm not rejecting but I'm just afraid that I will not focus on you...or disappoint you"

I nodded at his words before continuing on with my lie, it died down soon but I suddenly felt like we're growing into strangers once more. I don't want that, I pledge to confess to you at the end of school days. I don't want to break this fake relationship, just let it be like this until the graduation day...

"You're already rejecting me, idiot" 

I teased him as he chuckled, before continuing on with work. 

Maybe, I don't have a chance to be with him after all...

Maybe all of it was fake, just like me..

Oh well.