Katerina and her crew were in the hall itself, carefully setting up her sweet table.

"Katerina! That looks wonderful." The mayor of New York City came up to her offering his hand to shake.

"Thank you sir. I hope the guests will enjoy it."

"They most certainly will! Mr.President and the medal receipients will definitely enjoy it. Which reminds me, they will want to see you and the other two wonderful girls after the event. If you don't mind?"

"NO, no, Not at all." she grinned.

After she was done setting up, she ran to the kitchen and obviously, the tension was running high.

Claire was shouting out what needed to be done as the prep time was reducing ever so quickly.

"What can I do to help?" Kat put on her apron.

"Chop all of that." Bree said to the pile of potatoes.

She got to work, and chopped away. When service did start for them, they worked like a well oiled machine. At the end of service, after the last dessert was sent out, that's when Kat decided to break it to the girls about who they were going to meet.

"Guys, the President will be coming in here. With the medal recipients." Kat sipped her orange juice innocently.

"WHAT?!" the whole kitchen crew yelled, making Kat wince.

"What if he didn't like the food? He's going to tell it straight to our faces." Claire freaked out.

"No time for that. He's on his way." one of the men informed them.

Everyone stood still, Claire Bree and Kat were up front, and the help stood behind them. They heard footsteps, and then the kitchen doors flung open.

"Good evening ladies." the president himself offered Kat his hand to shake.

"Goo--Good evening sir." she smiled and shook his hand.

The other girls followed suit and that when they were presented with another surprise. There stood Talen and Ryan. "Thank you for the amazing food you prepared for us. These were the two main people you were doing it for." he said pointing to the both of them.

The crew clapped their hands after the President described what Ryan and Talen had done. They saved and undercover team mate who was about to be shot on live television. The two men looked absolutely ravishing in their uniforms.

Kat and Bree had trouble concentrating on POTUS himself.

"Ryan you didn't tell me anything about this!" Kat said shocked.

"You know this young man?" the president asked.

"He's my brother sir." Kat answered respectfully.

"It wasn't any big deal." Ryan said shyly.

"It was a huge deal son. The both of you prevented chaos from spreading."

After a little while more, the president left through the kitchen entrance, and so did Talen and Ryan.

"Wow." Bree said star struck.

"Let's clean up everyone." Kat took over and ignored the gnawing feeling at the back of her head. 

She now knew that he really did need someone to help him get through the days. The question was, would he let her help? How could she stand by and watch him suffer. They least she could do was be a friend.

Deciding that it was time to finally get back to her apartment, she entered close to midnight. Silence greeted her and she was slightly relieved that he wasn't there. That was short lived because his bionic hearing made him step out of the room.